Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here go squidding ( or egging i think its called )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here go squidding ( or egging i think its called )

Having no way to get myself offshore. I have found the best place for squid to be claremont jetty at 1-3am . ANyone else into this ? Have any recommendations for good places ? or wanna organize a egging session ?
    They picked me last for kickball . I picked them first for ballkicks

I used to squid but now I have decent gear.

I used to egg but I'm not a chicken anymore.
    "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all"

Comment

Big fan of egi. I usually go in my kayak but could be keen for some shore based action.

Comment

Originally posted by broon62 View Post
        I used to egg but I'm not a chicken anymore.
        I've seen funnier cancers.

Comment

YouTube - Eraserhead (1977) chicken dinner scene
          "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all"

Comment

i need to find that movie ...

im still in shock

Comment

I think it was the first movie David Lynch made. It's one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

Comment

COG... best fkn band

Comment

Yeah, loved their last album. It's actually a quote from a guy called Mario Savio.

Comment

Dont know about COG or Mario savio but that quote is also the beginning of Wretches and Kings by Linkin Park

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Pain Train Neo View Post
                      Having no way to get myself offshore. I have found the best place for squid to be claremont jetty at 1-3am . ANyone else into this ? Have any recommendations for good places ? or wanna organize a egging session ?
                      Good spot!

Comment

yup . for me its almost the only spot too . fun to catch and release blowies too so i at least i get the satisfaction of pulling something out of the water on a bad day

Comment

Yeah only problem is when all the blowies storm through in a HUGE school, scare away the squid damn blowies *shakes fist*

Comment

yea! last winter the place was FULL of blowies all over. The water is so clear u can see the bottom frm the end of the jetty and its full of blowies. Same with pt walter and applecross jettys. But now there seem to be none . I had to walk all along the jetty to find them midway between the shore and jetty end. At one point of time the water was full of jellyfish too

Comment

Ahh I remember the jellyfish as well, I haven't been in a while because the last time I went (probably around last winter) there was way too many blowies, maybe I'll go have another go

Comment

Working...
                              X