Short Term Parking-Perth Domestic Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Term Parking-Perth Domestic Airport

It's been ages since I've been to the domestic terminal so when I pulled up at the short term parking ticket machine this morning on my way to see a mate off I was surprised not to be able to get a ticket.

I pushed the button, waited and...nothing? I repositioned the bike (mind you its not a small bike) to see if I could trigger the pad and get a ticket...even switched to a different ticket machine. Nothing.

OK, then I noticed the boom gate was a three-quarter sized one; similar to a number of ones around the CBD that allow motorcycles through. So, I went through.

On exiting I found the same thing...two of the three boom gates were the three-quarter design, and I drove through.

Now...is this the way it is in the short term parking area or should I be watching the post for a fine?

You'll be fine, don't stress about it.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I wouldn't worry, they would need to prove intent and you tried to do the right thing. 'If' there are cameras this will be shown, so chill out and relax. Besides they have plenty of $$$ so it's not worth their time making a report about one bike not paying.

Comment

their are alot of bikes that stay in the short term parking that work on FIFO sites and they do the same thing ...havent heard of any of them getting fined

Comment

I wondered if that was the group of bikes there that I parked next to. I remember the last time I went to the airport it didn't seem that motorcycle parking had been addressed to that extent (allowing 'free' use) and if it has well that's a bonus for us all.

I also searched the domestic airport website and wasn't able to come up with anything specifically addressing the boom gates design and allowing bikes through so if someone does that would be great to share about, for FIFO's and others.

Comment

yeah i have been wondering the same (if it was allowed or are they just doing it) nobody has givin me an answer yet other than we just do it

Comment

I fly in and out with Cobham (national jet) and park in the private parking across the road which is run by the perth airport. There the motorcyle will trigger the gate in and out but the problem is that bikes have to pay the same as cars. Everyone I know on bikes just doesnt pay and either tail gates someone out or squeezes through the gap. They have security footage their and I have even done it in front of one of the security guards and nothing was ever said to me.

I think there was an incident about 6-12 months ago with someone getting a fine at one of the main parking structures in Perth and he just refused to pay it. Because it is privately owned they cant suspend your licence or anything.
              Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Hey Lads,

Does anyone actually park at the domestic short term parking for FIFO work?. i have to fly out for 4 days this week and spotted all the bikes parked on the right there after the boom gates.

Anyone know what the go is with this and if you can park there for a few days?

Comment

Originally posted by gingle View Post
                  Hey Lads,

Does anyone actually park at the domestic short term parking for FIFO work?. i have to fly out for 4 days this week and spotted all the bikes parked on the right there after the boom gates.

If you dont mind a short walk its cheaper to park opposite Cobham on Valentine street.

Comment

Just make sure you put a piece of plywood under your stand. Too many times I'm seeing bikes fallen over because the sun has melted the bitumen to the point of no longer supporting the bike, especially for that longer period of time.
                    Originally posted by Michael Westen
                    When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

Comment

Just get a taxi.... Way easier, especially with bags

Comment

Yep. in the end it became all to hard so i caught a cab

cheers anyway lads

Comment

Originally posted by gingle View Post

Yeah, you can park there - they don't seem to be terribly worried about it yet. But please, don't park like most of the douchebags and take up a car spot by yourself - slot in with someone else, take up half a bay etc. Airport's more likely to chuck the shits if they get a whole bunch of car spots taken up by single bikes who they know aren't paying.

Comment

Beauty mate. do you park there do you. I opted for the taxi this trip but i might have another one in a few weeks so it would be nice to know if i could ride there.

And i spose you just take your helmet with you on the plane?

Comment

I've done it a few times; always did the courteous thing & only took half a bay. I took the helmet with me the other times but might use the metal clip to secure it to the bike next time; it's a bitch carrying it. I've never, ever had a problem with airport staff. When I asked them, they said (and I quote) "The gates only go over half way; just go through. Make sure you park with all the other bikes though". She added that whilst technically a bike is 50% of the car fee, it's not enforced.
                              Originally posted by Michael Westen
                              When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

Comment

Working...
                              X