Women Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Drivers

Woman survives six-storey car park plunge - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

A woman is recovering in hospital after her car plunged from the sixth floor of a carpark in Melbourne's CBD this morning.

Police are yet to determine just how a safety barrier failed to stop the woman driving off the sixth floor of the carpark at around 9:00am.

Remarkably, she was still conscious when she was pulled from the silver station wagon, which had smashed into the tight laneway below.

Acting Senior Sergeant John Mason was at the scene.

"It appears as though the car has hit the side of the building before it's hit the ground - it's a pretty remarkable scene," he said.

The woman, who is in her forties, is in hospital in a stable condition with a cut to the head.
    That's a pretty talented move.

But the funniest bit is how everyone is concerned that the safety barrier failed to stop the car, rather than the slightly more pertinent question of how the fuck she hit a barrier hard and fast enough to go through it in the first place.

So, what's your theory? Makeup or phone?
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Why was her kitchen on the 6th floor car park?
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Maybe she trying to do what James Bonde did in one of hes movies... And it did not go to plen?
      Last edited by ؤlen; 04-04-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
        Why was her kitchen on the 6th floor car park?
        What the fuck was she doing driving a car in the first place?

Comment

wouldn't surprise me if she was on the phone, drove past 4 ars this morning on my way to work, driven by chicks, and all on their mobiles yakking away.........

Comment

My money is she was on the phone. Wouldnt it be awesome if you could reach in and grab a phone off a driver who is talking (or texting) on it and pitch it across the road. Have wanted to do it so many times!!
            On two wheels or four - the coastal road is heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Parana View Post
              Wouldnt it be awesome if you could reach in and grab a phone off a driver who is talking (or texting) on it and pitch it across the road. Have wanted to do it so many times!!
              Hey are you saying we are not supposed to do that?

Ooops!
              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Comment

9am on a weekday... in a fluster, attempting to visit the shops before making it to work on time, perhaps? What with her eyes fixated on said lipstick application, she planted her foot down on the accelerator without realising she had mistakenly slipped it into reverse... or only to have her <insert inappropriate footwear> get in the way of hitting the breaks and/or caught up with the accelerator, whilst hurriedly moving forward.
                  That theory only works if she suffers from some sort of claustrophobia or fear of parking, compelling her to park on the 6th floor - as opposed to opting for a (presumably) vacant parking bay on one of the floors preceding.

Comment

I would laugh if the insurance didnt cover it because she was on the phone
                    Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post

But the funniest bit is how everyone is concerned that the safety barrier failed to stop the car, rather than the slightly more pertinent question of how the fuck she hit a barrier hard and fast enough to go through it in the first place.

Have you seen how weak the barrier is in the Video?

My money is on Lipstick. Was looking in the mirror doing her lippy and saw the vision of a clear road (behind her) and planted it while still being in drive..

Originally posted by slizzut View Post
                      What with her eyes fixated on said lipstick application, she planted her foot down on the accelerator without realising she had mistakenly slipped it into reverse...
                      Can't have happened that way. Would imply she had reverse parked in that spot..........
                      To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
                      Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                        It's pretty obvious. Either the speed limit there is too high, or there should be a multanova put there.
                        '====
                        //`
                        -Magilla
                        They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                        Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Maybe her Burka slipped...

Originally posted by Abuse this
                          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

I like how she was still conscious...there's no way I would have missed out on all that attention by being unconscious!!

Maybe she was playing with her tunes?

That distracts me sometimes...and yep, phone, lippy, SALE signs, men, cute animals, sparkly things....
                            Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Comment

Was she driving a Volvo?
                              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X