The anti-rage thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The anti-rage thread

Riding home from work this afternoon, enjoying the weather and the ride. Filtering at the lights, taking off with a blast and leaving the traffic behind. Fantastic. Misjudged a light while filtering and ended up riding the centre line with moving traffic either side. Spot a gap. Nail it. Fixed. Bloke behind takes offence and overtakes me at speed on my left, in the same lane. I have no where to go as we're in the centre lane of a three lane road with traffic either side.

As I'm extending my arm to flip the bird something amazing happens. My index finger stays down, my hand rotates to the right, clenches into a fist and my thumb pops up. What? Am I seriously giving this goose a thumbs up?

At the next set of lights I filter up next to him and stop, raise my visor and motion to him to wind down his window. He seems a bit cautious but eventually does. I ask him if he's got it out of his system. He looks a bit sheepish and says 'Yeah, all good'. I give him my view of things - if either of us fucks up, his car gets scratched and I die, and all in all I'd like to be the one controlling that. He thinks about it, agrees and we part ways without animosity.

Weirdly enough, I reckon I might try that approach more often in future.
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

You're lucky, most times the fuckhead will just arc up even if you're reasonable. Besides the world is based on conflict. I need to vent my spleen when someone tries to kill me.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

It's a better way to handle things and it works a lot better than taking a mirror does. More often than not, cagers know they're fucking up when being aggressive towards motorcyclists.
      FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

remove the sand from your panties mekon, let Mr Pablo have his moment.

Well played sir
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPablo View Post
          Spot a gap. Nail it. Fixed. Bloke behind takes offence
          slot in front of women in future, they are less likely to flip out. cars being driven by cute young women who have soft toys scattered around are ideal
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong kudos to him for the restraint. I just suspect if you play the odds the next one will try to hit you with a club lock if you motion for them to wind the window down.
            Originally posted by Abuse this
            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Nice work JP, you may just have saved that cager taking out an unsuspecting rider in the future. I wish I had the same restraint

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
              slot in front of women in future, they are less likely to flip out. cars being driven by cute young women who have soft toys scattered around are ideal
              Are you talking about the same ones with the <insert apparently cute name and birth year> plates and playgirl stickers? Are you sure about this Maybe you are reasoning that they are too petrified of a big bad rider to risk bumping them?

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                they are the ones that panic and accidently hit the accelerator instead of the brake.....

Comment

nah, the parcel shelf full of stuffed toys just gives us a nicer place to land when they run us over.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Diesal View Post
                    Maybe you are reasoning that they are too petrified of a big bad rider to risk bumping them?
                    nah

hanging out their windows frothing at the mouth spitting screaming epitaths while trying to run you off the road just doesnt fit their self image
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X