Taking in suit jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking in suit jackets

Recently i've lost a bit of weight and have come accross a bit of a problem, my suits (especially the jackets) don't really fit anymore. While i know i can get the pants taken in i was wondering about the jacket.

Firstly i'd like to know whether you can actually get them taken in (and by roughly how much without ruining the jacket) and whether or not it's worthwile doing. Also if someone's had this done and was happy with the results could they recommend somewhere specific to take them I'd be most appreciative.

thanks

I went to the place in Claremont Quarter to get a jacket taken in, I bought it second hand. They did a not too bad job, but it was almost $200 I think. There is definitely a limit on getting stuff altered, too much and it looks ridiculous.

Sent from the future.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon! Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

Comment

Any tailor will probably do it. and Yeah its worth it, if you have a bad fittng suit you may as well be walking around with your shirt untucked and white socks.
      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Fly to Bali.
        Have a suit made for less than it costs to have it altered here.
        And have your suit tailored for less than the cost of having it washed here.

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
          Any tailor will probably do it. and Yeah its worth it, if you have a bad fittng suit you may as well be walking around with your shirt untucked and white socks.
          +1 to that. However, there's obviously a cost point where it would no longer be worth getting it done and you'd be better off getting a new suit.

Comment

I usually buy a few new suits every year and always get them tailored, pants taken up jacket taken in, spending a few more bucks to get them spot on is worthwhile I think. Usually I'm in Melbourne and have a tailor I have used for years but I recently had to get one tailored in Perth. I searched yellow pages and found this one:

Joric Dressmaking & Alterations
            Clothing Alterations & Mending - East Victoria Park, WA
            East Victoria Park WA 6101, Australia
            0428 888 361

Just a small backyard business run by a nice old lady, very cheap and she did a fantastic job.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.....I had someone measure me up and it looks like the jackets would need to come in around 1 to 2 sizes in the chest as well as the waist so i think it's probably a bit too much to be taken in.......so it looks like these ones are off to goodwill and it's time to go suit shopping....I used to go to Ron Bennetts in Harbour Town but as i understand it they've closed now, so any suggestions as to where to go instead would be ideal..

Comment

South East asia for the weekend,
                Flights accomadation under a grand, great food cheep good beer.
                any where you will find an Indian family that can sew like there life depended on it.
                Oh hang on ---
                REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                (anarchy in english )

Comment

Working...
                X