Wood Flagpole, where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Flagpole, where?

Peoples of the great and vast land that is PSB.

I am chasing a wooden flagpole for my house. A decent scale one. It will be concreted into the ground so needs to have a tabernacle that allows the pole to be swiveled down if required for painting and general halyard maintainance/repair.

Do you think I can find one that is wood and fits the description? Nnup.

Short of getting one made, anyone know where I can find one in WA?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

U got a biiiig tree???? Get it milled...wallah?? Ur near Walpole? Take a family trip= result?
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Possibly try Boat stores Deej???? about the only place I could think that may carry these much anymore or something similar...... otherwise google may be your friend.

I'm pretty sure the majority are now either Aluminium or steel....
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

there is still demand for wooden yacht masts and mast builders - although it is mainly over east and in the UK - you may have to ring a few chandlerys/marine manufacturers before you find one though.

Comment

My neighbour is in the business (flag poles), I'll ask him for you....

just sent a text and now awaiting response. Cross fingers!

Comment

Seems you're out of luck. Everthing is aluminium, though there are some fibreglass but these are not recommended.

Comment

Must be some local carpenter in Denmark or somewhere that you could commission to source a decent piece/length of wood and turn it? I guess it'll depend on the height required.
              Originally posted by Abuse this
              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Steal a wooden light pole.
                Originally posted by Desmogod
                Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

can you get a giant peice of wood from bunnings and sand it down til it's round? Might not be the ideal way but it just might work!
                  Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

Comment

good luck with finding your pole, but if you get non wood, think of the splinters your S.O would not have to pull out of their legs? also i hope you have a psb falg for this pole
                    "Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever "

Comment

Originally posted by Elise View Post
                      can you get a giant peice of wood from bunnings and sand it down til it's round? Might not be the ideal way but it just might work!
                      You could do lengths on a lathe and join them creating a decent size flagpole.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

^that's probably a better idea!

Comment

i have acess to a chain saw, how high do you want it to be?
                          A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

^of course you do!

Comment

Maybe these guys?

Wooden Boat Shop - Flagpoles
                              spudda : Got mine in my hot little hands today barfy. Your a gem!

Comment

Working...
                              X