Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a car.

Hey all,

So I'm in the market for a new car. I'm looking for something that will see me through over half a decade with as little problems as possible.

I want to spend $8k-10k. I don't want anything older than 2004 and I want it to be something I will be happy getting into for the next 5-6yrs.

I'm coming from a VY Commodore. I'm no Holden fanboy or anything and I don't fawn over my cars (bikes are for that). I had the Commodore because it was the closest thing to a renowned, reliable, luxurious car I could get for ~$10k and I want something that follows the same line of thinking. It's possible I will just end up with another VY/VZ but I want to hear some other suggestions first.

Plus I wouldn't mind something a little smaller - not small, just smaller.

Suggestions?
    -taboo_

Into Dark Souls 2? Listen to our podcast - The Dark Souls Two.

Government Auctions:

Corolla, Camry or Aurion
    Originally posted by polonY
    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Focus or astra. Not the most manly cars but both German built and reliable, reasonably sized. A girl I know just picked up a 2005 with 50,000km in mint condition for $9k (private sale, not dealer)
      Originally posted by Commuter
      23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
      24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Wow, that was quick. I don't mind that line of thinking. I kinda like the look of the Aurions and I think it would be something that's comfortable with enough "creature cumforts"/"luxury features" to keep me happy for 5yrs... only problem is they're a little too new so none in the price range.

Camry is always a fair suggestion. Corolla's are just a little too small/unmanly. As clich├ęd as they are in Aust. the VY still has a nice, successful, business man kind of feel to it ^_^.
        -taboo_

Comment

Search Results - Pickles Auctions Australia see if theres anything in there you like
          Originally posted by polonY
          Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Focus I will look into, Astra is an "Opel" Holden... stay away at all costs.
            -taboo_

Comment

Damn, I'm seeing some really well priced Falcons - the ONLY thing that would keep me away is the fact that they have even worse economy than my VY.
              -taboo_

Comment

EvilDwarf
                Last edited by EvilDwarf; 02-02-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Camry.

I'd stab myself in the face with a letter opener before buying an Astra.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Good man Cam. See he knows .

500,000!!!!!!! That's, that's... wow. More impressive than a Hilux ^_^.

So, can anyone tell me what the fuck a Proton Gen II M Line is? This is a car I know nothing about but I'm being offered a good price... looks European. Looks like it could give trouble too *scratches head*.
                    -taboo_

Comment

Speaking as a mechanic, avoid Euro holden and ford. Toyota past 2004 is a good bet. No idea about the Protons.
                      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Avalons are a good creature comfort car - V6 Camry running gear, and you can get them cheap
                        Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
                        For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Dwarf View Post
                          Corolla Or Camry...

We have a 94 camry wagon with 500,000 kms on it...
                          Still runs like a dream & with only semi regular servicing.. i.e. Once a year...
                          If it lets you down and you mechanic tells you its an ECU problem, PM me we can do a deal

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post

I'd stab myself in the face with a letter opener before buying an Astra.
                            Cam is right. You should all listen to Cam.

Comment

I like blue ones
                              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Working...
                              X