Mac Photo Editing Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Photo Editing Software

So I'm looking to get a Photoshop type program for my Mac so that I can do some basic graphic design type stuff without paying the $1000 or more for Photoshop. Any recommendations on good programs that arent too expensive but still useful.

Photoshop free trial version.

Comment

Adobe CS5 Design Standard For Mac - Computer Software - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! and find yourself a valid student, if required!
      Adobe - Education: Qualifying for education pricing

edit photos, photo editing software program | Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 $145 for full version, with a trial available
      Last edited by Visitor; 15-04-2011, 10:56 PM.
      Tomorrow: A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Avatar used with permission from Mekon

Comment

Adobe lightroom. Or spend $20 on a license for littlesnitch and get cd keys off the net...
        Originally posted by Commuter
        23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
        24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Pixelmator

You can usually get it cheap.

Comment

Wow, no one suggested The Gimp? As powerful as photoshop, multi-platform, open source & free.

Comment

No, because when using the Gimp you multiply the "time to achieve X" by about 4 over most other tools, because it doesn't offer filter layers, doesn't offer anything past 8 bits per pixel, has totally shit/nonexistent support for printing and overall has the feel of something a bunch of kindy kids threw together whilst waiting for milk and nap time.

Best suggestion: find a copy of Photoshop and use it. One day they'll get the message and make the price reasonable.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Pixelmator has a 30 day trial btw..

Comment

^ this, I figure if you wouldn't pay for it in the shops, you cause no harm by acquiring it otherwise

EDIT: @CS
                  wood for life? wood is life.
                  Originally posted by thro
                  i only squid it when riding pissed.

Comment

I use Niki HDR Efex Pro and Aperture 3 full version I would also like to get photoshop for my mac aswell ^_^

Comment

On a certain island in Scandinavia, there be a bay full of rum drinking buccaneers salty dogs pirates. These guys are known for their vast collection of stuff and the fact that they drink rum all the time, without a care whether the weather is fine and sunny or the rain is coming down in torrents.

Why do I mention this? Well, I'd love to have a nice and cleaned up photo of them, of course!
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                        No, because when using the Gimp you multiply the "time to achieve X" by about 4 over most other tools, because it doesn't offer filter layers, doesn't offer anything past 8 bits per pixel, has totally shit/nonexistent support for printing and overall has the feel of something a bunch of kindy kids threw together whilst waiting for milk and nap time.

Best suggestion: find a copy of Photoshop and use it. One day they'll get the message and make the price reasonable.
                        aye I didn't mention GIMP cause I hate it!
                        Thing that makes it even worse is on the Mac; it only works on Mac OS X+ and you need to install a bunch of other stuff cause Mac doesn't come with the open source stuff that is already on GNU/Linux GIMP - for Mac OS X.
                        Tomorrow: A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Avatar used with permission from Mekon

Comment

Working...
                        X