Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to know who to contact when your insurance has stuffed you around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know who to contact when your insurance has stuffed you around.

Hey all,

I can give you the long story when I have a little more time on my hands but atm I'd just like to know who to contact when your insurance company has basically lied to you at every step of a claim, paid you the wrong amount and racked up a series of other issues the length of your arm.

Fair trade ombudsman doesn't seem quite right for that, there's an Insurance Ombudsman Service, is that the place to start?

Thanks.
    -taboo_

Into Dark Souls 2? Listen to our podcast - The Dark Souls Two.

Originally posted by taboo_ View Post
    there's an Insurance Ombudsman Service, is that the place to start?

Thanks.
    Yes, It would be worth your time to make a phone call.

If you havent already, keep a written record of all conversations with your insurance company, as they will come in handy. Get dates, times and who you spoke to if possible.
    Originally posted by polonY
    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
      Yes, It would be worth your time to make a phone call.

If you havent already, keep a written record of all conversations with your insurance company, as they will come in handy. Get dates, times and who you spoke to if possible.
      +1 for the Ombudsman
      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Kapow! Insurance Ombudsman Service (IOS)
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Thhhhhhank you .

And yeh, I started keeping dates and names as soon as I realised these people were going to be a hassle to work with.

The long and short of it is - DO NOT get insurance through Allianz.
          -taboo_

Comment

DO NOT get insurance through Allianz.
            Sorry, I'd rather read the long story when you have a little more time on your hands.
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

DO NOT get insurance through Allianz.
              Different people different stories.

My boss swears by them - had a couple of claims and they've been nothing short of perfect.
              Originally posted by Semi
              I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

14Mar (day 00)
                - Had my accident. Went online and made a claim that night. In my claim it asked where my car was. In that box I put the name of the company the address of the company and the phone number for the company.

16Mar (day 02)
                - Hadn't heard anything so I call them.

- Was told that they sent an email asking where my car was. This annoyed me a bit because:
                1) I have emails coming to my phone within a minute of them being sent, I never got the email (it also wasn't in my spam), and,
                2) I CLEARLY put where the car fucking was with as much detail as possible in my claim.
                - In any case I got them to check my email address (which was correct) and I also paid my $850 excess then and there in the hope it would speed up the process. Ended the call with them telling me they would call me at the next step.

21Mar
                (day 07)
                - Still no call so I again call them again to find out what's going on.
                - The bird on the phone looks up my file and says the cars been written off and that's ALL she could tell me. Aside from this being a shock (as it was a direct front hit at ~30kmph, no air bags and the car was still drivable) it would have at least been nice to know what the car was insured for but apparently she couldn't tell me that.

22Mar
                (day 08)
                - Got called from the Assessor, a sub contractor for Allianz.
                - The assessor says he saw my car in the yard today and will be looking at it tomorrow. I asked "what do you mean? I was told it was written off" to which he replies "What? No way, I haven't even looked at it yet".

23Mar
                (day 09)
                - Assessor calls me and after inspection tells me he's going to write it off anyway. Which was a bummer but I've come to terms with it now. He asks me to send him all my paper work (transfer/rego papers) which I do that night.

04Apr
                (day 21)
                - Still no call from anyone I finally crack the shits and call demanding a manager call me back (coz I'm sick of wasting hours of credit on call waiting). The bird say she'll send her manager an email to make sure he calls me (I'm STILL waiting for this call). She also asks if she can help.
                - When I asked what the fuck is going on coz I've heard nothing she looks up my file and says "we've been waiting for you to get back to us. We sent an email asking which panel beater you want to fix your car" to which I obviously replied "WHAT THE FUCK? I WAS TOLD IT HAD BEEN WRITTEN OFF, THEN TOLD IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN LOOKED AT, THEN TOLD IT'S GOING TO BE WRITTEN OFF ANYWAY, AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME IT'S GETTING REPAIRED? What's it gonna be?" she said she'd get back to me.
                - On top of this I told her once again I never got the email and got her to read my address back to me (the second time). At this point I was starting to think they're either completely fucking incompetent or they're lying to me (turns out they were both - but we'll get to that later).
                - I also asked her about getting my taxi fare covered (as no one had brought it up prior). She asked me to send her an email with my Rego/Transfer papers because apparently they were still waiting for them (so obviously the assessor couldn't even do his job and forward them on himself) and also a receipt for my taxi.
                - I also asked to get called by the assessor because (although I wasn't going to dispute it) I wanted to know why it was written off (it was literally a fucked bumper, dented bonnet and fucked radiator). I'm STILL waiting for this call also.

05Apr
                (day 22)
                - I sent the email with scans of my paper work and taxi receipt to the last girl I talked to as she was apparently going to personally deal with my case. I also demanded that they stop sending shit to my email because I'm clearly not getting it and asked to be called at EVERY step of the process.
                - SHE actually called ME today (the FIRST time I had been called an Allianz employee, now three weeks since my claim).
                - Guess what, she tells me it's actually been written off and couldn't explain anything about the email I was supposedly sent about getting it repaired. I nearly cried.

11Apr
                (day 28)
                - Another week passes and they finally decide it's time to let me know what's going on
                - no surprise, it's a different girl calling claiming that "she will be dealing with my claim".
                - This girl wants me to send her some scans of my transfer/rego papers (third time *RAGE*).
                - I get a little annoyed and get her to check my address again (the third time *RAGE AGAIN*). She looks at my file and says "What are you talking about, no where on your file does it say anyone has sent you an email" so basically they've lied about every email they claimed to have sent *TRIPLE RAGE*.
                - She assures me that's she's special and SHE will get my email and asks me to send my paper work through to her. I do it that night.

12Apr
                (day 29)
                - Get called again from this new girl - "Hi, I still haven't got your paperwork, you can just tell me your VIN over the phone".
                - I then have to take time off work to drive home to get my paper work to call her back to give her my fucking VIN just so my claim can KEEP FUCKING MOVING FORWARD. Now a month after the accident.

18Apr
                (day 35)
                - Today. Finally got my first email from Allianz (apparently their emails DO work *assholes*).
                - It claimed that my case is finalised and I will be getting paid:

PLUS
                $9500 for the car
                MINUS
                $850 for my excess.
                MINUS
                $110 for any outstanding premium.

WHAT!? I fucking paid my excess two days after the accident AND WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MONEY FOR MY TAXI RIDE HOME!

I call her up
                EARLY this morning and once again demand to speak to a manager (still haven't been called back from the last one *double assholes*) she assures me she will call her manager personally and get him to call me ASAP.

I'm still waiting for that call.
                Last edited by taboo_; 18-04-2011, 08:26 PM.
                -taboo_

Comment

And now just to drive the nail home I've received a new email with a new claim settlement. Granted this time they got it correct, ie. no excess and my taxi fee covered.

But this is after I specifically told the bird on the phone yesterday NOT to put through my claim until I speak to a manager because there's some things I want to sort through first. Clearly they just don't give a shit about their customers. I've NEVER had service this bad in my life.
                  -taboo_

Comment

Sounds like you get angry pretty easily.
                    And a month fir a claim, doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                      Sounds like you get angry pretty easily.
                      And a month fir a claim, doesn't sound too bad.
                      in his defense i had my claim done in 2 weeks, and my car back a week after, maybe i was lucky, but i would be pretty pissed anyway from all the lying that happened, the emails, phone calls etc
                      Master of the missed signals

Comment

To be perfectly honest Desmo, not at all. I'm a very calm person and I've been nothing short of completely polite on the phone.

Obviously I sound angry here. I am. But I assure you any use of the work "fuck" or "rage" is purely an artifact of my writting and not my persona on the phone.

But can you REALLY glaze over everything that they've done and dismiss it in a hand wave? You can completely justify it all and equate it all down to "meh, one month, no biggy"? You're a better man than I.
                        -taboo_

Comment

taboo_ you know all about my accident, and that was much worse a result for the car than yours and I had my car back in less a month and that was with telling the repairer to take it back and fix it twice after they called me to say it was ready (if it was done right in the first place it would have been just over 2 weeks).

Mate if you need anything let me know.

Will give you a call later.
                          The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Comment

That does sound shit.

I'm with SGIO and had to claim when i hit an old guy who reversed out of a driveway without looking.

I called them up and explained everything to her over the phone. Said my premium hadn't been paid but said its ok theres a 90 day grace period, I had paid it the day before but it obviously hadn't shown up yet.
                            She said i didn't need to worry about the excess since he reversed out without looking onto the street it was his fault.
                            Booked me into the assessor then even though it was 2 or 3 weeks wait.
                            At the assessors after they looked at it told me where to take it and then about 5 mins after i left got a call from the smash repair place saying when to bring it in.

All required very little input on my behalf.

Sounds like your getting dicked around.
                            Wes

Comment

So, this still isn't over.

I've finally been paid out and bought a new car. This is the first time since the accident I've had a vehicle I could drive to their car yard and pick up the remaining belongings I had left in my car.

I called them on Thursday to organise a time to go down and do that and the bird on the phone sounded confused as apparently my file claimed that my car had been sold already. When I asked her about my possessions she said they were disposed of.

So after sending them an email listing the possessions I had in my car and also being told I would be offered an opportunity to buy my damaged car back I find out they had sold it. Apparently it went on sale on the 13Apr which was weeks before my claim was even coming close to an end.

So I basically had to call Allianz again yesterday, this time after 45mins of the call centre girl making it clear that she didn't want to put her manager on she finally gave in. I ended that call with the manager telling me to email him a list of my experience and all the issues that I want to raise and he will get back to me on each one. So I spent a few hours yesterday writing a 3 page email illustrating all the problems then listed everything I wanted him to answer for.

I REALLY want to see what how he addresses each issue - assuming he doesn't just blow me off and never reply.
                              -taboo_

Comment

Working...
                              X