Anyone keen for skydiving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone keen for skydiving?

I'm back working now so have money to continue my goal of getting my skydiving license, I found that it wasn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped going to york by myself and waiting up to 8 hours to get a jump (wind/waitinglist)

If anyone was interested to start jumping or continue jumping but looking for someone to buddy up with, let me know! I will only be in perth one week out of three, but you can gap your jumps by up to a month.

I was up to stage 4 but having letting it lapse for a few months I'll either start from scratch or be taking a refresher course and continue, have to check the rules.

The ride to york is pretty awesome if you don't already know that
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

this was my goal a few years ago when i was at uni. totally agree that it gets pretty sucky pretty quickly when u don't have a jump partner and have got to wait most of the day on the off chance that you'll get to go up.

would love to get back into it if only i had a spare 3k to buy my own gear.

Comment

its even harder when you get one weekend out of three, and you risk losing a day for nothing if the winds heavy

Comment

Started in summer?

The weather should be coming good for AFF now.
        sigpic

Comment

started around july last year, had some terrible luck with the weather. Keen to get back into the AFF course now though just need to get some thermals for the ride to york at 6am, hands were frozen last time!!

Comment

Little Bump.. instead of starting a new thread for some advice the experienced.

I am toying with the idea of doing my first jump (Tandem of course)
            Have googled and looked, but it doesn't mean much to me, so
            Can someone recommend me a good jump and operator.

Thanks in advance.
            Rob

Comment

Can i ask why you are going tandem and not doing your accelerated free fall ? So much more fun

Comment

AFF: Skydive Express in York
                Tandem: Jurien Bay Skydiving or Skydive Express
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetcheeks View Post
                  Can i ask why you are going tandem and not doing your accelerated free fall ? So much more fun
                  I don't trust myself to pull the cord ^_^

Comment

With or without parachutes....?
                    “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Originally posted by dugy View Post
                      AFF: Skydive Express in York
                      Tandem: Jurien Bay Skydiving or Skydive Express
                      Ok, stoopid question time then.
                      AFF v Tandem
                      What would you suggest for a first timer with a tendency for a fear of heights then?

Comment

If I had the money I'd be doing this. Maybe once the trackbike is sold.

I'll be going to Hillman Farm though cos its close to the missus' parents place in Darkan.
                        A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Tandem for sure. You'll have a much better time actually enjoying the jump. While AFF is awesome - you've got bulk things going through your mind and in my oppinion it can be a bit overwhelming for a first time.

Comment

Tandem u get to do fuck all but experience the rush.
                            AFF didnt find freefall as much of a rush cos I was trying to think about arching, checking height, test pull etc but was better under canopy and felt more of an achievement afterward.
                            U have the option at the end of ur AFF course to do the jump tandem if u really want to. And remember u have 2 JMs holding on to you til u actually pull.

EDIT: beaten by v4moose

Comment

Im petrified of heights but jump.
                              I started with my AFF, and have only been tandem once for certain reasons.
                              AFF is more of an accomplishment, a feeling of being in control.
                              Tandum, yes the rush is good as you dont have to think about anything.
                              Another option used to be static line jumps. Havent seen them around in ages though.

Comment

Working...
                              X