Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Petrol in Perth

hi,

My flat mate has just had her car serviced and was told that there was diesel in the fuel system. She is certain she didn't full up with diesel and has been charged several hundred dollars to flush the system out and replace filters etc.

Was wondering if anyone knew of a place that could test the petrol in perth
    "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

What sort of car does she drive? I was under the impression that diesel nozzles were to big to fit into unleaded cars.
    Please don't ask questions you clearly know the fucking answer to, you smarmy prick.

Comment

There is a standard nozzle and the hi-flo nozzle which is too big. My dad did the same a few years back.

Comment

Aaah Jesus memory don't fail me now.

Do you have a sample of the fuel in a jar?

Comment

Go back to the fuel station immediately and check to see if they have taken their unleaded bowsers out of service to flush their tanks and system?
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Quick bingatron search of "fuel testing lab" found:

Intertek

adding perth to the search shows this thread as fifth on the results
            DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

Take a sample of the fuel and find the receipt for the purchase!
              A couple of years ago my car got very sick after I fed it some contaminated fuel at a servo. After a lot of paperwork and pissing about I managed to get most of the costs of repair back, which weren’t cheap (out of warranty Audi A6).
              Contact whichever chain it was through their website, they’ll forward your case on to a third party Claims Management Company to handle it.
              You’ll need to answer a bunch of questions like “Do you remember if there was a tanker at the station when you were filling your car up?” so try and remember anything specific about when you last filled it up, write it down. Also note down anything the mechanics have told you, the Claims Management Company will need these details.
              The servo chain will never officially admit fault, they will offer a settlement at around the cost of the repairs. My lawyer advised me to take the settlement, once you’ve gone through all the paperwork and pissing about to get to the stage where they’re offering you money you’ll be more than ready to accept whatever they are willing to hand over.
              Good luck! Hope it works out for your flatmate!

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to have it checked, make sure the mechanic isn't being a bit shifty as well.

Comment

$700 to flush the system???

Was the car running crappy or what??

A bit of Diesel surely wouldnt hurt to much, be like a bit of upper cylinder lube for free!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post

A bit of Diesel surely wouldnt hurt
                    A couple of old boy mechanics I know recommend running 1/4 mix diesel once a year in your car to give your engine a clean. Never done it personally.
                    I used to have a nice sig offering to shadow ppl. Now I have no sig...

Comment

Originally posted by milesiles View Post
                      A couple of old boy mechanics I know recommend running 1/4 mix diesel once a year in your car to give your engine a clean.
                      Yeah, I'd be thinking twice about that sort of advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                        Yeah, I'd be thinking twice about that sort of advice.
                        Yeah hence the "I have never done it personally". My point is they do it to their own cars and never had a problem. Pretty sure it was before a long run, using the whole tank. Probably a habit left over from when fuel had less additives.

To have heard it from two separate sources there may be something to it. I'm not saying do it, just saying.
                        I used to have a nice sig offering to shadow ppl. Now I have no sig...

Comment

Do we know which servo was the culprit?

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk

Comment

she is wanting to test the fuel as we think it wasnt the fuel that messed with the car. We think something happened during the service that they are trying to cover up. but need proof.

she asked for a sample when they fixed the car so she has about 150ml in a bottle.
                            it happened last week and she hasn't been back to the servo so doesn't know if they had to close down the pump she used or not.
                            "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Diesel in a petrol car usually results in alot of white smoke. If it was > 50% it would have filled the street with smoke.
                              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                              X