Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo diesel blow back

hi guys,
    i've got a problem with my 2.5lt turbo diesel triton.
    its got a prominant blow back from the turbo - which appears to be happening one stroke on a revolution.
    so like on a exhaust stroke on one cylinder - but i dont know if this is the case.
    the blow back is so prominant i thought it was the big end knocking.
    there is also oil in the turbo intake.

its not the crank case breather

im thinking worst case scenario...
    dropped a cylinder and its pumping oil/air back through making it blow back?

i heard a blocked injector may can cause similar symptoms?

i know its not bike related but any help would be greatly appreciated
    cheers,
    -Rob
    Originally posted by Captain Starfish
    use me like the slut I am, yeah come on and make me your f^cked up broke crack hore that doesn't ride anymore
    :starwars:

what area are you in
    rebuilt a couple of these so shouldnt be to hard to diagnose

oil in the intake is normal as the breather is feed from the rocker cover back to the inlet for emission control

could have a burnt exhuast valve
    how many km its done

blocked injector will only cause a miss not blow by

blow by is caused when the sealing of the cylinder has lost its effeciency-ie siezed piston ,valves, head or gasket

anything happened your not telling like overheated or something

expensive little engines to overhaul for what they are

hope this helps
    do you think i lack self discipline

Comment

good feed back cheers,

im in aubin grove, south of the river, near success.

bummer about the expense haha

i would expect oil in the intake, but its pretty prominant.

i havnt had the car longer than 2 months, it was fine when i first bought it, but slowly smoked more and more - looks like theres egg on my face lol

wasnt easy to start in the morning, had to let the glow plugs heat up a couple of times, and needed more rpm to idol on cold.
      smoked a shit load on cold start up and it got better when warm

the 'sh!tting itself moment' was it sounded like it was only firing on two, i took off around the corner then the 'knocking sound' came about - which turned out to be the turbo blow back.

car has done 250 thou.

i thought maybe exessive oil in the intake maybe gone comp rings, pumping air into the crank, pumping oil through to the intake, which would add to the smokey start up etc. either way, things arnt looking good.
      use me like the slut I am, yeah come on and make me your f^cked up broke crack hore that doesn't ride anymore

Comment

Did you buy it from a dealer or from a private sale?

Comment

nah i bought it private.
          My fault for buying a dud - eggs on my face.

Comment

i work alot in freo which ant to far

give me a pm and will have a look for you if you like

just done a 2 hilux diesel engines and they werent cheap either but cheaper than recon engines

trouble with diesels if you dont look after the fuel system thats when its expensive

turbo s need reg oil changes

good luck
            do you think i lack self discipline

Comment

I can relate.
              Bought one of these a few years back (about 10) and thought it was pretty slow and gutless and so I took it to a diesal / Injector workshop as I thought the injectors may need servicing. When the guy lifted the bonnet he asked where the TURBO charger was. I looked at him puzzled and said I didn't know it was suppose to have a Turbo on it. He said fit one and problem solved.
              Mate tracked one down and fitted it for me and it's been a great car ever since. Except for the snapped crankshaft.

Good luck, sounds like HK knows what he's talking about. Sounds good anyway.
              Jap Bike Show Presents for 2012:
              Blue Haze Ride II
              - Sunday 25th November 2012

March 2013 - 6th Jap Bike Show, Celebrating the "2 Stroke Era"

Details at: www.japbikeshow.com.au

Comment

cheers mate, if you could have a look that would be great.
                Ill shoot you a pm.

I did presume a rebuild would be on the cards, but not this early, as i had a 2.6lt petrol 4cyl pajero which had done 350 thou and when i gave it to my bro in law as 'a get a around' it was and is still going well.
                Ahh well, i guess we'll find out shortly the damage.

Comment

Working...
                X