Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a speed camera? or isn't it?... cmon seriously wtf is it!??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a speed camera? or isn't it?... cmon seriously wtf is it!??

At Leach hwy vs Stock rd as well as Leach hwy vs Carrington there are what looks like the box that the fixed red-light/speed cameras come in... minus the seperate pole for flash and instead of being yellow - they are white...

Been trying to figure out what they are for ages but have NFI - maybe something to do with the truck route from fremantle? or rego checking cameras? no idea can anyone help?

It's not a speed camera, its a camera for main roads to use to monitor traffic.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Well they have the same white boxed cameras on the rail crossing on Welshpool Rd to fine drivers who drive around the boom gates.

Lol we dont need to go there how stupid it is but yep, people frequently do it at other crossings that dont have the cameras.
      When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Originally posted by ThirstyAs View Post
        to fine drivers who drive around the boom gates
        They also fine drivers who pull away AFTER the gates have gone up and nothing is coming, but before the lights have stopped flashing. If not going until the lights stop is such a massive deal, why not just delay the barriers rising until after the lights stop ... would that be too hard?

Comment

A truck could potentially strike a barrier while its still rising, thats why the bells and lights still flash untill they are retracted. Especially if they are only approaching as the gates go up, they think, oh i can squeeze thru that and wont need to stop.... crunch.
          When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Those cameras are for the semi's. The camera registers the license plate much like the ones at the train crossing but it judges the time taken for the truck to get from point A to point B over a long distance. Truckies have very strict rules on taking breaks and if it shows they didn't take their breaks they are in a world of shit.

Comment

when did they introduce that for wa lit?
              They run safety cam in the east but heard nothing about it here yet.
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

It is only for trucks. A trucker friend of mine told me thats what it is there for I don't know any details but it has been there for years.

EDIT: quick google search Automatic Number Plate Recognition Leach Highway trucks

Comment

cool thanks for the link, i knew about those ones you had me a bit worried i'd missed something fairly major for my industry

i've dealt with safety cam in the east and it's a pain in the ass, especially if their clocks get out of sync, would hate to have it snuck in here without fair warning
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

thank goodness... back to speeding and running the red lights i go!

Comment

Working...
                    X