Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kaspersky problem - anyone else have the same.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaspersky problem - anyone else have the same.

Sorry to be a bore...but.....

Put Kaspersky on about 9 months ago, as the AVG was due to expire and some people said good things about Kaspersky....however it hasn't been a pretty ride.

Apparently there's a conflict between Thunderbird and Kaspersky, and to get e-mails to download I have to turn off a couple of scan functions. Not the end of the world, but what did I pay my money for????

Anyway, this latest problem is a doozy.

To cut a long story short, for several days, the computer freezes up, slow as a wet week. The only real sign of problem was a message saying "WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING"

I learnt that it can be because of recent add-ons that don't work properly, or I need some Micorsoft updates.

Updates failed to download, or couldn't because the 'puter was so slow, so the latest add-ons that I can find relate to Kaspersky.

So I download AVG FREE, disable the add-ons and turn off Kaspersky.

Problem solved.

However, the Windows 7 Service Pack won't install, possibly because whenever the machine does a restart, Kaspersky fires up again.....

So I'm on the verge of uninstalling Kaspersky......only about 90 days to run on the subscription, so it could be worse....but it still seems like a radical step.

So, has anyone else had a similar issue?????

Cheers

BTW, found several links on the net relating to similar probs...

HELLO WORLD ยป Kaspersky Antivirus Update Causes Problems

1) remove Kaspersky and AVG
    2) Install Microsoft Security Essentials
    3) Relax No money lost.

Comment

Working...
    X