Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Scammers Now they are not even trying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Scammers Now they are not even trying...

I opened my work email and got this.
    now DO NOT CLICK ON THE EMAIL!! nOW.. that will spread shits more!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

"This is to inform our **********.***.au subscribes that we are currently performing maintenance on our Webmail Login Page due to a large amount of spam . We are upgrading all account for Security purpose. To proceed with the upgrade you are to forward details below to admin email: ********.com

LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS :
    YOUR EMAIL PASSWORD:
    YOUR DATE OF BIRTH:

Thank you

__________________________________________________ ________

Now you read above.

I am thiking man these days they dont even try...
    please share your suspicious emails

my two cents.

Gluey
    Last edited by Pva_Glue; 28-04-2011, 08:47 AM.

just opening that email has sent them a notification that your email address is valid. you'll be getting shit emails for months now.
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

How does that happen?

Comment

sorry about that drifter I didnt think anyone would click on that...

Comment

Your ****.***.au mailbox has exceeded the storage limit which is set by the administrator, you are currently running out of storage,you may not be able to send or receive new mail until you upgrade your mailbox. To upgrade your mailbox you are to provide details below to admin email:
          Your Login Email Number:------------
          Your Email Password:--------------
          Your Phone Number:----------------

Thanks

not even trying...

Comment

I got one from my ISP...supposedly...turned out to be spam...can't think what they would have gained from the info they requested though. I never...read that again... never respond to any emails that require any sort of info....I always check with the sender first.
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
              How does that happen?
              Most e-mails have embedded pictures of whatever these days. When you open the email and your email client (outlook or thunderbird) downloads the image from some server the people that sent the email get confirmation that your email address is valid.
              This is why most modern email clients won't download any pictures until you verify that the sender is ok.

Comment

What about if you open the emails on an iphone? Protected?
                Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon! Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dets View Post
                  Most e-mails have embedded pictures of whatever these days. When you open the email and your email client (outlook or thunderbird) downloads the image from some server the people that sent the email get confirmation that your email address is valid.
                  This is why most modern email clients won't download any pictures until you verify that the sender is ok.
                  That's fine, but how does it correlate a request from a picture from an IP address with your email address?

Comment

Originally posted by McGoo View Post
                    What about if you open the emails on an iphone? Protected?
                    You're protected in the sense that the image probably can't do any harm to your iphone but the scammers still know that your email address is valid. They don't care which device you download the image from because they still have the data they wanted. It starts getting a bit more messy when they start embedding stuff like flash or java scripts. Ever wonder why Adobe reader wants to update every other day on your PC? It's because there are thousands and thousands of hackers out there trying to find vulnerabilities in the program which is installed on a vast majority of windows based PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                      That's fine, but how does it correlate a request from a picture from an IP address with your email address?
                      They don't care about the IP. Well, they might but that's a different type of attack. The image will download from a url that goes something like www.dodgyfuckingwebsite.co.ru/xCAtg84Adlo. Those random letters and numbers are unique to the email that was sent to you. It's all automated of course but the hacker or whoever setup the system then sees which images were accessed and the email addresses tied to them. Thus they have their list of valid email addresses.

Comment

Sweet interesting stuff.

Comment

I've seen some where the email address gets embedded in the image request, can be something simple like www. analgrannies. com/[email protected]

edited cos apparently that's an actual site and PSB picked up the hyperlink, whoops
                          (yes, I am at work)
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

yep even grannies like anal

Comment

^ That's good info. Many years from now I assume I'll be a granny shagger. Wouldn't want to end up with a prude
                              "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X