Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else think RJ's is shit?

--- begin rant ---

I went to work in the rain today and it's not bad enough that you have to dodge cagers but I get to work and it looks like I pee'd my pants because my wet weather gear sprung a leak

I have had gloves by them which fell apart after 6 months and the wet weather gear is a year old and only been worn 20 or so times!

It just shits me that the locally manufacture shit is just that SHIT!!!

--- end rant ---

If you aren't wet after wearing wet weather gear on a bike in the rain, you are wearing a diving dry suit.
    They all leak somewhere.

Comment

But yes, RJays is a bit shite.
      http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Which is not a bad idea, a work colleague wore his to work in the rain. Used to be a diver. I always get wet even in wet weather gear and boots etc. Always keep a spare set of clothes and socks and jocks at work. It's the fun part of riding, drying underwear and socks on a bar radiator in the office. Nice steaming socks.
        Originally posted by Abuse this
        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

I wear cheap Spada (yes, DIS R SPADA!!!1!) PVC pants and jacket and they've kept me bone dry (and warm!) through everything from Perth's little showers to psycho sleet in the Lofotens (Norway) and a snow storm in the Alps.

The only time I get wet is when it's hot - sweat stays in.

Trick? Go buy some snow-seal or similar tent seam sealant and run it over the seams. Works a treat.

Had some RJays gear and, whilst it's not the hardiest and best made of gear, it's nowhere near the worst.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

RJays can be hit and miss... I had a RJay Leather Jacket and gloves (their top line gloves at the time)... And I hit the deck at about 80kph sliding with my hand trapped under my body until the street island stopped my progress....

All the gear saved my skin and bones... RJays gear is cheaper, but their top of the range gear is still quite good and saving your skin.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

In defence of RJays, the only thing I have bought from them is the below boots.

These things rock, most comfortable riding shoe I've owned or tried. Not only that, but they have lasted through a good 2-3 years and even a smallish off on the track. They are getting a bit on the worn side but will definitely be getting another pair.
              :stupid:

Comment

have had boots, helmet and gloves...

boots and helmet were good, gloves fell apart by themselves (and due to my manly man hands of manlyness)

Comment

I wear over sized hi-vis waterproofs over my wet weather gear. Always completely dry even in the worst of it. With the hood up in my helmet, I get none of the 'water down the back' issue either. I did this mainly because my 'waterproof' riding jacket isn't and my boot always held water in them nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

Trick? Go buy some snow-seal or similar tent seam sealant and run it over the seams. Works a treat.

Had some RJays gear and, whilst it's not the hardiest and best made of gear, it's nowhere near the worst.
                    This is a good tip rather fix em then throw them out.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Comment

I have motodry winter gloves and waterproof pants.

I've yet to get a wet crotch from the rain yet.
                      Wes

Comment

Found that DriRider gloves, DriRider outer (over draggins) with an RST jacket with the removeable water liner in it, all work just fine with no complaints, provided I remember to close up my helmet vents. I've even been caught at long lights in hardcore rain and all good.
                        Last edited by Gippo; 30-04-2011, 02:59 PM.
                        Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Working...
                        X