No more high speed pursuits for WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more high speed pursuits for WA

Edit: Note that this no longer applies. If you have a postie bike, it's back to stopping for you. Otherwise, as you were.

================================================== ===========

No need to change up to second anymore.

West Australia police union bans high-speed pursuits | News.com.au

Edit: Better article here. (Surprise surprise).
    Police chase dispute intensifies - The West Australian
    JuanPablo
    Inactive Member
    Last edited by JuanPablo; 02-05-2011, 09:28 PM.
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sweet, so all we need to do now is run.

Comment

I don't agree with this ban. I think the police should pursue until the get the license plate then back off. Pursuing until someone crashes is foolish however. I think it's better to let a car thief get away than to chase them until they crash. It's such a risky activity that so often results in death.
      When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. — JC Denton

Comment

I know there is a good chance that that those that run from a minor traffic offence do have some other reason to run but really is it worth the risk to others to chase someone 20 or 30 over in a relatively safe situation?

However if the car has been reported stolen or is registered to someone with a history of activities that would make it likely they are running for a dam good reason then by all means go for it. If you have stolen a vehicle and run then I'm sorry if it is politically incorrect but F&^K you. Fingers crossed it doesn't kill you instantly either. Your choices are f&^king up other peoples lives and you can live ( or not as the case may be ) with the choices of your decisions.

If you run in a stolen vehicle and kill an innocent party then life with bubba as a cell mate would be an appropriate consequence. No mitigating circumstances. No discretion. Think about your actions before you engage in criminal activities.
        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

The police union are hilarious.

They want a ban on police chases because the police actions are being monitored during these chases and they don't believe it's fair.

Can't have any evidence of an officer doing something wrong now, can they? Don't chase the crims boys, the boss is watching.

There are several problems here, and I'm not sure which is most troubling. Either the chase procedure is broken, and the cops aren't following it and are then getting busted when the information is reviewed, or the cops are broken and are getting busted when the information is reviewed, or the information gathering equipment is broken, and the cops are angelic critters. We know that WAPOL equipment is always operating flawlessly though, right?

Originally posted by Corona White View Post
          F&^K you.
          It's a lot less work just to write "fuck".
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

I'm sure at least one or two PSB members can attest to the police not chasing if u take off in a hurry . . .

Not that I condone this, its bad mkay to run from the cops, not at all fun . . .

Comment

Cam, these are some pretty big differences between what was supposed to have happened and what the AVL reg'd.

The Sunday Times understands the AVL registered the police car travelling at 164km/h during the April 15 chase, as officers on board verbally reported that their speed was 144km/h. There were also discrepancies between an independent witness who reported seeing the police car stop at a red light and the AVL's information that it did not stop.
              Remembering that "the AVL not being a certified measuring device", I think the union is just doing what a proper union should, and that's stand up for it's members when they're unfairly targeted or treated.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Might have to get another street bike

Comment

Can't have any evidence of an officer doing something wrong now, can they?
                  The union's argument is that the evidence is shit and shouldn't be relied on in the first place. The fact that the data from the devices is too unreliable to be used in court suggests that the union is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Corona White View Post
                    I know there is a good chance that that those that run from a minor traffic offence do have some other reason to run
                    Because every time I have stopped in the past they have been arrogant, condescending wankers who have done me for everything they could and treated me like I'm a rapist?
                    I made my choice not to stop a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PFLB View Post
                      The union's argument is that the evidence is shit and shouldn't be relied on in the first place. The fact that the data from the devices is too unreliable to be used in court suggests that the union is right.
                      Maybe I've just got sand in my vagina over cops claiming to have zero power when it suits, and the union stepping in with shit like this when it does suit.

Wow.. maybe I am just looking to bash the popo.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

or theres definite granite dust in your nether regions

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                          I made my choice not to stop a long time ago.
                          When choosing not to stop, how do you ascertain that they have not noted your license plate?
                          Surely they would come visit you at home later and hand you an even larger pineapple?

Comment

Hard to ascertain something that's nestled snugly inside your jacket.
                            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

makes life easier for drug runners now

Comment

Working...
                              X