Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to travel from gosnells (area) to joondalup during peak hour???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to travel from gosnells (area) to joondalup during peak hour???

Hey guys,

This is a little random of a question but i need to be in Joondalup by 9.15 at the latest tomorrow morning. I'm travelling from gosnells and Ive never travelled to Joondalup during peak hour. Does anyone here travel there from "around" my area? If so what way do you go and how long roughly does it take?

Im thinking of going Tonkin hwy to reid then onto freeway up to Joondalup, any suggestions?
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

If you're unsure, allow at least an extra 2 hours on top of how long you think it'll take you worst case scenario. You're in the easiest decent sized city in Australia to navigate, you'll figure it out.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

If you're spliting I'd say 45mins.
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Strap a vidcam to your bike and try to do the run in 15 minutes.
        Post up the resultant video...

In other news, your route is fine... try leaving home @ 07:45am.

S.
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

avoid the freeway, do Tonkin to reid, then right up alexander drive to gnangara road then through to Wanneroo road, then onto Joondalup.
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

HAVE to be there by 0915hrs?

Leave 0730, plan to get there early and grab a coffee while you wait.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

You should be travelling against the traffic flow once you reach mitchell fwy, so should be a safe-ish bet... but the run from your place to the tunnel will take a frickin while. Yep leave home at 7.30 and spend the extra time if you have any having breakfast and reading the paper at maccas.
              When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

yeah, tonkin reid ftw, used to do roleystone to wangarra at 8am in 20 minutes.... aah, the memories of years long gone.
                Allow an hour and you'll be fine. Or if you like splitting, i actually don't mind heading south a bit, jandakot rd, berrigan, fwy heading north all the way. Same, takes an hour from gossie. Avoid welshpool/orrong/farmer fwy tho. Too much traffic doin random shit. Ooh, tonkin, mills/canning rd, back of kalla and mundaring weir accross to toodyay, back onto reid and carry on. May take a lil longer, but fkn way more fun
                yes, i am ignorant
                yes, i am a prick
                no, i don't care
                you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by ashmo View Post
                  Hey guys,

This is a little random of a question but i need to be in Joondalup by 9.15 at the latest tomorrow morning. I'm travelling from gosnells and Ive never travelled to Joondalup during peak hour. Does anyone here travel there from "around" my area? If so what way do you go and how long roughly does it take?

Im thinking of going Tonkin hwy to reid then onto freeway up to Joondalup, any suggestions?

Spencer>Albany>Manning>FWYNTHBND>Joonders

And/Or:
                  Spencer>Albany>Riverside>FWYNTHBND>Joonders

About 40-odd minutes being aggressive here and there. Both Albany and Manning are usually clogged to shit, but if you're confident it shouldn't be a problem. Usually starts to clear around 0915/0930 anywhore.
                  FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

Cheers guys unfortunately I wont be on the bike I'll be using the wife's car. I was planning on leaving at 7:45ish so should be okay. The only problem area I can think of is the lights at horrie miller drive and hopefully everything from there will be okay. I might even leave alittle earlier as I'd much prefer to be early as opposed to late, I won't be accepted if I'm late.
                    RIP ADRIAN LEE
                    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
                    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Well I left at 7:45 and it only took an hour so it worked out well
                      RIP ADRIAN LEE
                      16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007

Comment

totally useless thing for me to say, but it got me thinking because i did a similar trip last week in peak - I was actually thinking in peak hour it might have been the go to get the train. looking at Transperth, the trip would take an hour, which I thought wasn't too bad really.

Comment

Originally posted by ashmo View Post
                          Cheers guys unfortunately I wont be on the bike I'll be using the wife's car.
                          In that case pack a lunch and allow half a day
                          National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
                            In that case pack a lunch and allow half a day
                            Well it was annoying sitting in traffic watching the bikes filter through I would of been there in half an hour if I rode! Lesson learnt for next time
                            RIP ADRIAN LEE
                            16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                              avoid the freeway, do Tonkin to reid, then right up alexander drive to gnangara road then through to Wanneroo road, then onto Joondalup.
                              Do this

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                              HAVE to be there by 0915hrs?

Leave 0730, plan to get there early and grab a coffee while you wait.
                              ... and also this.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X