ATO tax bonus scam..warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATO tax bonus scam..warning

guys just received a call by an ATO consultant name John Harrod who incredibly has a very broad Indian accent. Told me I just received a bonus because my name was randomly drawn out. Didn't ask for any personal info, but gave me a number to call to lodge the bonus.
    Rung up the "real" ATO and they said it was a scam. I wanted to ring the number and play their scenario, but the ATO didn't recommend it.
    Has any one had a similar call lately

Congratulations on outing yet another one of those devious scammers.

Comment

Lies.

The real ATO are just testing you because they don't want you to win your bonus. More money for them.

I'll be calling when i win my bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
        Lies.

The real ATO are just testing you because they don't want you to win your bonus. More money for them.

I'll be calling when i win my bonus.
        No deal McMaxo. That moon money is mine.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

I have already made the call and collected my bonus. Bad luck guys.
          Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
          SupermotoWA on Bookface
          You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

They're going to put it straight int my bank account. They won't have an problems finding it, I gave them so much info.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Oh I forgot.. the bonus was $3600.42.... I love the 42cents bit..just to make it a little realistic.

Comment

They're bona fide. It's the Afghanistan Tax Office. Thing is, the rebates only come in opium or bullets.

Comment

sod that..i won 150 million dollars in a portugese lottery.... i even got a letter in the post ,they must have misplaced my name tho when they typed the letter

Comment

FARG!! they just called again

Comment

give em the psb bsb and tell em to direct deposit it..

Comment

Probably nothing to do with my compromised Playstation account but I have started getting sms's stating I've won a nokia prize give away with a number to call in some far away land.
                        Originally posted by Abuse this
                        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

More believable if they said you made a mistake on your tax return and owed them money. Call this secure number to make a payment.
                          *goes off to make employ an Indian call centre*

Guessing the number leads to a $9.95/min call where you sit on hold indefinitely?
                          Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Working...
                          X