Attn. Fellow Machinists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn. Fellow Machinists

I've been dealing with Hare and Forbes to buy new machines and gear lately but have found their service to be pretty poor. Is there another mob in Perth that do similar type machinery sales etc that are recommended?
    Yes officer, I did see the speed limit sign. I just didn't see YOU!

What sort and how big?

Comment

I think Harris Machine Tools may be able to help you.
      Originally Posted by Maxo
      do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
      to Butters

Comment

Fiora Machinery carry most of what's on the front of their catalogue and I've always found them to be extremely helpful and courteous - even when an absolute numpty like myself whose vacant dribbling stare at the toys screams "HOBBYIST" walks in through the door.

Worth a try, anyway!
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Yea I agree, Im not a full time machinist - more of a hobbyist who has worked alongside toolmakers for years, and I find their service shyte too. WA and Queensland branch both included!
          Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Originally posted by allpop View Post
            What sort and how big?
            just all the same sort of gear. manual and cnc mills from 1 to 6 meters, all the cutting tools and machine accessories too.

i'll give Fiora a look

Comment

Steel Fabrication Products Perth, Western Australia, New & Used Machine Tools Welshpool, Sheet Metal Perth, BDS Magnetic Drills, Decoilers, Steel Fabricator Suppliers, Parkanson Distributor - Capital Equipment Machinery Sales

bought my lathe from there was almost a grand cheaper than fiora, ron mack and hare and forbes and they are all identical chinese machines with different paint and labels.

they are in welshpool

Comment

Ive found the opposite, hareand forbes have always been good to deal with, I'll never set foot inside the door of fiora again, useless, uneducated in their product and just plain rude. Funny how we all have different experiences with different shops, life goes on

Comment

that capital equipent sales place looks alright. Fiora seem to get all their stuff from hare and forbes anyway. that Hafco metalmaster stuff is all made by/for them

Comment

Working...
                  X