News Corp considering F1 motor racing bid - source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Corp considering F1 motor racing bid - source

Murdochs could be going into F1?? Is he still classed as an Aussie. could be good for us

LONDON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp is in the early stages of talks about forming a consortium to acquire control of Formula One motor racing, according to a person familiar with the matter.

News Corp has been in preliminary talks in recent weeks with people connected to at least one of F1's big car manufacturers, and with Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, according to the person, who asked not to be identified as the talks are confidential.

News Corp considering F1 motor racing bid - source : World News Australia on SBS
    Call Shaun 0419 446 964 /1300815066
    [email protected]

For all your motorbike loans, car finance, business loans and commercial , home loans and Jetski finance, Finance Jobs Financeandloans.net.au.
    propertyinabox.com.au/fusion/m/185/approved_all_loans_group/home
    Find out more about me and my finance loans on
    Get finance updates daily through my twitter feed

How to fuck a sport in one easy move - get NewsCorp involved!

An opinion from the other side of the coin...

Potential F1 bid 'just posturing'

This has been going on for a while, I reckon it's an attempt a bit of a smokescreen cover for all the shit going down with the phone intercepts/hacking that appear more and more likely to be be sanctioned by the NewsCorp brass.
    Dead Man's Hand
    Internationational Porter Protection Group
    Just call me Pat

Comment

It will be shit, Ecclestone does it a a labour of love, Murdoch doest shit purely to make money. I mean the guy actually allows O'Rielys Career to exist, as well as that other douche who is even worse.
      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Ecclestone is in it for the money.

Rumours of people buying into F1 appear almost every year. Rumours of BE actually selling the controlling interest, the media rights never do.

Put 1 and 0 together and you still get nothing. This also will amount to nothing.

Comment

Well yeah of course he is in it for the money but its not just about money for him its about building a great sport.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Veefore View Post
            Put 1 and 0 together and you still get nothing. This also will amount to nothing.
            don't you get 1?

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
              don't you get 1?
              No. It's F1. Bernie took his piece of the pie so you are still left with 0.
              I'd much rather Bernie to Murdoch though. Super League anyone?
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                No. It's F1.
                In a nut-shell, this is the correct answer!

Doesn't BE have a 99-year hold on F1 or similar?

Another stumbling block is that the "Concorde Agreement" indicates that TV delivery must be via FTA, not Pay. At least this sport acknowledges that Pay TV is crap and has limited access around the world!
                Dead Man's Hand
                Internationational Porter Protection Group
                Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                  don't you get 1?
                  Yeah. Good thing I work in accounting hey? (frowns and kicks self in the arse for stupid comment.)

Comment

Working...
                  X