Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help needed

    Can a home address be found through a hotmail address? I am receiving some very disturbing stuff from a hotmail account I have no idea who it is, and I cant stop it. Id like to give the house address details to the police. Help, anyone?
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

  • #2
    I think you're shit out of luck, but could be wrong.

    Why not just block the sender?

    Comment


    • #3
      Easy answer is no.

      Depends on the severity of the email and whether you still have all the information on hand. If you're being threatened somehow, there are ways to get a bit more information but it's not like CSI: Miami where a nerd can push a big "Enhance" button and pull a street address.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
        Can a home address be found through a hotmail address? I am receiving some very disturbing stuff from a hotmail account I have no idea who it is, and I cant stop it. Id like to give the house address details to the police. Help, anyone?
        You could use a technique that spammer's use to check if a email address is valid.... Reply to them and insert a picture of some sort that is hosted on a server that can give you access to the logs, and don't give anyone else the link to the picture. You can then use geolocation to attempt to narrow down where the IP is coming from, or at the least be able to tell which ISP they are with. You could then try taking the IP to the police, or going to the ISP with your complaint and depending on who they are they may be able to give you a name and address.

        Alternatively, you could try to get in contact with microsoft and ask them for any details about the account.

        Comment


        • #5
          I did block the sender, but they seem to be able to create a new account name. Im not computer savvy at all so I dont know how they do it.
          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Anybody can create any anonymous email account they want, that's how it's done.

            If you're getting harrassed, go to the cops or seek assistance from somebody with experience in this kind of bullshit, like me. But somebody that isn't me I would assume.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cam View Post
              Easy answer is no.

              Depends on the severity of the email and whether you still have all the information on hand. If you're being threatened somehow, there are ways to get a bit more information but it's not like CSI: Miami where a nerd can push a big "Enhance" button and pull a street address.

              Enhance......





              Enhance again by 40%......




              We have him now fellas, its David Duchovny.


              It looks like the truth... was out there...



              YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

              Comment


              • #8
                Are the messages being sent to a pop3 account(iinet, westnet or summat) or a webmail(google, gmail) account?

                Comment


                • #9
                  webmail.
                  Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                  hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Forward all emails to [email protected]. That's what they're there to do.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X