Holiday suggestions: Phuket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday suggestions: Phuket

Booked in a trip to Phuket in June for 2-3 weeks. First time going. Thought I'd try to draw on the exp on some PSBrs.......

Any particular places i should check out? Bars / sites / beaches etc........?
    I'm a confident traveller, however gf's first time overseas.

Cheers
    "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali

Where are you staying?

There is plenty to do, here are a few things, they're not all things and they're not for everyone but it will get you started..

ATV

big buddha

my fav place to visit

there are 3 waterfalls you can do in one day, go yourself or hire a driver kathu then ton sai and then bang pae including the gibbon sanctuary on the way back

fantasea

phuket zoo

Simon

pew pew

A good half day is to go to see big buddha and the zoo on the way back, they are near each other.

a few links for the missus....she should have no fear in going by herself either. Mine goes in the late afternoon like 5pm for 4hr treatments and then when she comes out she is refreshed and its night time so she doesnt get all hot and sweaty afterwards. Mine also visits all 3 in a 2 week period as the prices are so good.
    Get her to look at the prices in the day spa menus - divide by 30-32 for AUD prices.

Body mind

Tarntara

Relax

Get a fish foot chomp for the novelty value
    get a real thai massage not just an oil one

Hope this helps

Dubs

Comment

Staying at Cape Sienna in Kamala: Cape Sienna Phuket Hotel & Villas, Kamala Beach

Wicked, cheers Dubs. Awesome start. I know the gf would be keen on the zoo's, massages, elephant trek and seeing the Buddha. Te ATVs look like fun too.
      "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali

Comment

Karts

Surin Beach is the next one along from Kamala and is a really nice spot.

Pro tip: Dont hire jet ski's, they're not worth the possible hassle. The report is older but it still goes on today.
        If getting around yourself, hire a scooter not a big bike as they are easier to get around on and park. Some hire places ask you to leave your passport or a copy of it. Just offer to leave 5-6k BHT as a refundable deposit instead of the passport.

Dubs

Comment

Awesme links cheers Dubs. The Family and I are off with friends in September. 6 kids n 4 adults. Good to know about the Jetski Scammers, as friends are very keen to hire them...so I'll be sending the link about it all to them. Big shame...woulda been fun.
          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

holy shit those offroad buggies look awesome!!!

Yeh heard bout the 'Jet Ski Mafia'

Cheers for the scooter tip. Thinking of going Para-Sailing. Done that?

Comment

Phi Phi island is pretty fun but a lot of organising. The diving is excellent at Phi Phi, you can see the anchor clearly from the bow of your boat in 20m of water. Other areas the water isn't that clear. The dive places on Phi Phi are run by good guys and girls as well.

I'm sailing there from Langkawi in July. The Thai people are either awesome or really really shit. If you find someone shitty, just move on.
              Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Go out to the islands and go snorkelling

Elephant ride

Big buddha is worth checking out

phuket zoo is good and sad (conditions) at the same time, go there to sit with the tiger, feed the otters etc.

The night life is pretty cool as well

Fishy foot nibbles is cool, we went to the one outside at jungceylon which was ok, there was another in the basement of jungceylon that had bigger silver sharks that I didn't get to try out

Local food = win

Comment

almost every massage place has the fish now Lee and there is a place on the beach road you clan lay down and the fish can nom your whole bod.

Dubs

Comment

erm. no nomming. Too ticklish. lol.
                    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

I rate the noms

Comment

flutterbys

fishies

Promthep view point

karon view point

Nai harn beach - great place for a sunset dinner

Rawai beach - great place for a sunset dinner

Phuket maps is a good map to use as you just choose the area you want to view on the left tool bar.

Dubs

Comment

Whats the best Golf Course there Dubs? Hubby and mate are big frustrated golf pro players.

Comment

Blue Canyon or Loch palm are my picks, the cool thing is most of the caddies are wimminz too as they have a better attention to detail with the grass, humidity and player style (allegedly).

Dubs

Comment

Working...
                            X