Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dress Suits (not Leathers), where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress Suits (not Leathers), where to buy?

Hi all, I did do a quick search looking for a suit thread and all that came up was race stuff, leathers etc.

Im looking for a decent place to buy a suit, and i figured surely as the forum is mostly guys or men then you would know of a few decent suit shops in perth (and surely the females know something of fashion and have bought for their husbands, bf's etc.).

Basically what i want is just a standard typical black suit (pinstripes are an option) that would be more then appropriate at a business function and also at a funeral (i know bad example but formal and smart basically), nothing that screams look at me.

Looking at spending between 300 and 500.

Also i know very little about fashion and stuff but suits i have worn in the past are 3 button. If it matters I'm 187cm and 83kg.

If you do make suggestions, thanks in advance, and also what are the options and prices is it tailored etc.

thanks again for the help.
    "it works for a spherical chicken in a vacuum"

It's almost worth your while jumping on a plane for the weekend and going to KL.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

The big outlets at Harbourtown are pretty good I think, they will size you for a suit and send it for adjustmant for a small fee (if required).

$300+ should get you an ok pure wool suit, $500 will get you a really nice one (maybe even low range silk?) with two sets of trousers.

I'm no fashion knowing dude, but I'd steer clear of bold pinstripes, you can only look like a 50s gangster so many days in a row before it starts to look silly. Get a black or charcoal pure wool suit with some texture or a light pinstripe.
      Originally posted by JIM.55
      knowlage dosnt always trumph

Comment

2 button, vented is a pretty safe bet to get you through most things from corporate to parties.

As for pricing and where to go - a cheap suit that fits very nicely will look better than an expensive suit that hangs - go somewhere that has fitting services and make sure they get it right. Make sure you get 2 pairs of pants.
        I believe there was a thread on this earlier with some good suggestions - someone may be able to dig it up.

PS - this is handy: the black tie guide

Comment

if you're confident of your suit size and don't mind buying online try asos (free international shipping!), tm lewin or even topman..

Comment

found this going back a while

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...it-help-82650/

I had suits made in bali last year but since then have lost 15kg so they dont fit well anymore
            "it works for a spherical chicken in a vacuum"

Comment

tm lewin are great.

Comment

I just bought mine from Platinum Menswear opposite DJ in the cbd. $499 for a very nice wool suit with alterations thrown in.
                If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutiny! View Post
                  I'm no fashion knowing dude, but I'd steer clear of bold pinstripes, you can only look like a 50s gangster so many days in a row before it starts to look silly. Get a black or charcoal pure wool suit with some texture or a light pinstripe.
                  Beware of even a light pinstripe. I've got one and even though I rarely bust it out (~1-2 times a year), I still worry it will get old fast.
                  Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                    I just bought mine from Platinum Menswear opposite DJ in the cbd. $499 for a very nice wool suit with alterations thrown in.

I second that!
                    Don't listen to a word I say, hey, the screams all sound the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Drasius View Post
                      Beware of even a light pinstripe. I've got one and even though I rarely bust it out (~1-2 times a year), I still worry it will get old fast.
                      Yeah, I had a pinstripe and it barely ever got used - go with a tonal stripe instead, looks much better - mine gets a workout.

As for colours, a dark charcoal would definitely get the most use I think and work over most situations.

Comment

Working...
                      X