Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nespresso machine: Anyone have any personal experience to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nespresso machine: Anyone have any personal experience to share?

I tried the search function and came up with nothing.
    I need a coffee machine to pander to my coffee adddiction at home. As the title says anyone have personal experience with the Nespresso?
    Alternatively if I screwed up the search buttons completely fee free to point me in the direction of previous threads.
    cheers Z
    Raise your finger to fear and live in a moment of sublime horror.
    Ice Cruiser the daughter of a 1950's Hoon Stunta!!!

We have one - the Pixie, I think it's called (little one) It makes good coffee, although, it's only strong enough if you make it in a small cup/mug. Still experimenting to find the best mix of number of capsules with size of mug to get a decent, strong, large coffee. Peronsally though, I'm glad we bought it.

Comment

I've got one and I love it. You just have to plan ahead for when your capsules get low.
      Please don't ask questions you clearly know the fucking answer to, you smarmy prick.

Comment

We got one. I'm not sure which one but it's only the single. Makes real good coffee. I prefer the 9-10 intensity ones ( 10 is the strongest ). Fortisio or something like that is my favorite. Also the milk canister makes it real nice and frothy. If you like your coffee and dont want a huge complex coffee machine then it's a good buy. You can go to the nespresso counter at myer and try different coffees. Try before you buy.
        www.youtube.com/brendonv101

Comment

We have one at work, and whilst I personally don't drink coffee, EVERYONE raves about it, so that must be a pretty good cross section of people who think it's great.

And I would agree going to the counter in Myer is a good idea. I go there to buy coffee for other people and they really know their stuff.

Comment

Hi Zaffira.

I've had an n95 for about 5 years or more. Still going strong.
            Very good 'in between' coffee machine .
            There's not much to them. The trick with these little guys is to make sure you don't over extract the coffee (pour it for too long).
            About 50ml for an espresso capsule and 100ml for a 'lungo' (long) capsule.
            If the machine you buy does auto pouring - that solves that problem

The espresso capsules are generally stronger than the 'lungo' coffees and should ONLY be 50ml per capsule.
            So if you like the taste and strength of a particular capsule, but want it in a big mug (long black). Use two (or more if required) capsules @ 50ml each (short). Otherwise it will burn.
            Or, two or more lungo capsules at 100ml each...

When you've poured your coffee, dump the capsule, close it, and squirt a bit of water through to get rid of any remaining coffee in the machine - or it will dry and keep burning and spoiling your future coffees.

Capsules are available online through nespresso.com or at Myer.
            Run a cleaning kit through the machine every 600 capsules or so.
            Take a toothbrush to the plate that the capsules are pressed up against (can't remember what the part is called) at the same interval (or more if you're worried about it).

That's about it.

My favourite flavours are Rosabaya and Ristretto.

Note: A bitter taste does not necessarily mean it is burnt , see the flavour notes for the capsules.
            You're better off going down in intensity rather than defiling your coffee with sugar.

Originally posted by pnorkle View Post
            We have one - the Pixie, I think it's called (little one) It makes good coffee, although, it's only strong enough if you make it in a small cup/mug. Still experimenting to find the best mix of number of capsules with size of mug to get a decent, strong, large coffee. Peronsally though, I'm glad we bought it.
            Stop being pussy and putting milk in it then!
            Also, see above on doubling up your capsules for longer coffees.

Originally posted by Brute View Post
            You just have to plan ahead for when your capsules get low.
            Like you do with anything that can run out?

Comment

These are good, I have a machine at home and one at work. Arpegio is my fav espresso shot, 2 shots in a standard cup with skim milk is great for me. Consistent coffee every time. Make sure you run a straight shot of water through before you make a cup to clean the pipe and use that hot water to warm the cup.

Comment

Weve had a Delonghi machine for about 3 years and love it. Makes a great coffee, has heaps of flavour options, has built in heat plate for mini glasses, also came with a milk froffing (sp) machine.
                RS 250 - TTW Heads, Cougar PVs, Arrow Pipes, Gilles Rear Sets, Tyga Rear Tail, Hel Braided Lines,
                Paint job by Potato (Straightline2Ten)

Comment

We have one in the office. I think its rubbish. Coffee is better than instant, but thats about it. I believe the capsules arent all that cheap, but not too sure as I dont buy them.

You might be better off considering an automated espresso machine?

I should prefix this all with Im a bit of a coffee snob too I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR6 View Post
                    We have one in the office. I think its rubbish. Coffee is better than instant, but thats about it. I believe the capsules arent all that cheap, but not too sure as I dont buy them.

You might be better off considering an automated espresso machine?

I should prefix this all with Im a bit of a coffee snob too I guess.
                    I'm a bit of a coffee snob myself. I tasted one of pods yesterday at harvey norman and it was the strongest of the 16 varieties available, it just tasted bitter to me. No delicious nutty, rich flavour just bitterness. Good to hear the negative comments as well as the positive. Thanks folks. I think a trip to Myer to sample all is on the cards.
                    Raise your finger to fear and live in a moment of sublime horror.
                    Ice Cruiser the daughter of a 1950's Hoon Stunta!!!

Comment

Depends what sort of coffee it is and if they're actually looking after the machine so it's not spitting out shit coffee.

I think Myer would be a better option. They actually know something about coffee and aren't just trying to sell a machine like Harvey Norman would.

The coffee works out to be about 75c per cup from memory.

Comment

If you are a coffee snob then this is probably not the machine/system for you.

Comment

agreed, but for simple and something better than nescafe blend 43 its worth it.

Comment

TBH, I got a short black from a (decent) cafe near work and didn't think it tasted much different from the Nespresso coffee. *shrug*

I'm not an expert, but I know good from bad.

Comment

Wake up - 2 capsules - one gold/one black - into travel mug, into backpack - arrive at work with lovely nespresso coffee, haven't spent $5 at a coffee shop, don't have to drink instant shit, don't have to fuck around with a coffee machine thing. A nice compromise,and pretty good coffee.
                              Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                              Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Working...
                              X