Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nespresso machine: Anyone have any personal experience to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    agreed, but for simple and something better than nescafe blend 43 its worth it.
    Agreed.

The simplicity and speed of it really does make it pretty a pretty good solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
      Agreed.

The simplicity and speed of it really does make it pretty a pretty good solution.
      I have a delonghi automatic machine for that. Grinds beans, pours shot and depths milk in one button press, out the door with a pretty decent coffee in about 45seconds.

Comment

Yea... but $3-400 vs $xxxx?

Comment

New Full Automatic Auto Expresso Coffee Machine Maker | eBay

seen this on ebay....looks like an option to nespresso machine...was in myers today looking at a nespresso and a saeco pod machine
          A site all parents should check regulary
          http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

I'd me more inclined to look at this;

Meh.. I take it back.

Coffee Machine - Automatic Espresso machine and automatic coffee machines w/ 19 bar Italian pump - Kogan Technologies
            Last edited by Nath; 15-05-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I don't really see the point of these things.

Sure your upfront cost is cheaper but how much more expensive is it to buy the pods all the time compared to buying bags of beans for an auto machine.

And your limited to what nespresso can provide.
              Wes

Comment

Or stop providing when they change the design of the pods
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                  Or stop providing when they change the design of the pods
                  sure it's possible just like anything, but they've had them for what....20 years now???

they don't make the worlds best coffee, but for an office, or for someone who can't be faffed, they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    Has anyone got any experience with Kogan products? What are they like?

Comment

We've got a Lavaaza pod machine - the machines free, provided you buy a 100 pods every 3 months for a year!
                      (similar deal to the office machine). The coffees OK. - typical Lavaaza - Good, but not great!
                      I've got an older Saeco Incante machine out in the barn, the grinder won't push the coffee through to the brewing unit or something - a bit of a bugger as it had a new boiler a year or so ago.....bloody electronics!
                      “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

I got the FAX spam about that Lavazza system today.

Can't believe people still FAX spam.

Comment

I haven't got the Nespresso, but a friend I work with seems to think they work well.

Also I snapped this at Infusions in the city. Not sure if it will help anyone, but it might save you some money.
                          Attached Files
                          Customer: Look, there's no other way to say this, but I didn't come in here to be insulted.
                          Bernard: Well, I didn't ask for the job of insulting you. In another life, we could have been brothers. Running a small, quirky taverna in Sicily. Maybe we would have married the local twins instead of wasting each other's time here in this dump. But it was not to be. So hopit.

Comment

Good one Rocky !
                            I'll look into that.
                            I make one coffee a day at home, and I'm the only one who drinks it in the house.
                            I'm not interested in cleaning a machine or something that takes up a lot of space.

The delonghi nespresso jobbie I have at home is great. It's small and every now and then I just run it without a capsule in it to give it a rinse and it's good to go.
                            I can't be arsed with cleaning the Aeroccino milk frother thing so i just put a bit of cofee into the cup, top it up with milk, bang it in the microwave for a minute and I'm done.

I'm not a coffee snob so I'm not that fussed about the whole thing, but I enjoy the result from that little machine better than the big automated one at work.
                            CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

we've had one at work for a few years now and its only just bearable.

Its heaps better than instant though, but as mentioned above, if you like real coffee then it isnt the machine you.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X