Fair Trade coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Trade coffee

I bought some FT coffee to try out, the brand name is Scarborough Fair. I figure that sending a couple of extra dollars to the people at the far end of the supply chain, where it is most needed, can't be a bad thing.
    The only problem is it's piss weak. Now I probably just bought the wrong packet or picked the wrong brand so I'm throwing it out there: can anyone suggest a good FT coffee for me? Beans or grind, I can work with either.
    Anyone?
    Anyone?

I used to buy all mine from Welcome to Five Senses - Five Senses Coffee - Buy Fresh Roasted Coffee and get it delivered to your door throughout Australia they have more than one fair/direct trade option from memory with cupping notes on the site.

Comment

http://www.thenakedbean.com.au/

I'm partial to the Yemen Ismaili and the Nicaraguan: the later being fair-trade.
      Originally posted by TurboR1
      Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

Welcome to the BioBean Coffee Home!

They have quite a few nice single origin roasts.

Comment

dibella coffee , does delivery .

Comment

Vietnamese Coffee Beans

Vietnam is the world largest exporter of robusta type beans.

The caffeine content of robusta beans is about twice that of arabica.
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I don't like that brand either.

Oxfam coffee is good, you can get it at the supermarket or buy it direct and it's cheaper.
              Originally posted by kenty
              these are my fucks, and I'm not giving them to you

Comment

Originally posted by Mr John View Post
                I bought some FT coffee to try out, ... the only problem is it's piss weak.
                Good coffee depends on the sweat, tears and blood of slave labour. You can't get that deep, dark, heavenly richness without it. And don't forget: when confronted with Free Trade requirements the plantation owners just don't hire the labour. They automate, they move elsewhere, whatever. So by being a hippy you've just deprived Nigel the Nigger of his only source of income, and probably the only useful thing (apart from siring more slaves) that he'll ever achieve in his life. Nice one.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Thanks for replies peeps.

Here ya go fishy, I found some troll brand coffee just for you

Comment

:glare:

You take all the fun out of life. But I'll enjoy my troffee regardless
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                    X