Fines for Defect Notices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fines for Defect Notices.

How long before our revenue raising government takes the same path as South Australia?

SA motorists slugged for minor car defects | Adelaide Now
    You put the c*nt in country run

Sh dont tell them
    before long we will give all our money to the government and they'll tell us what we can have.
    Last edited by emrys74; 19-05-2011, 11:18 AM.
    In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

It's not as if they don't already have a cost built into them; Pay for the repairs to your vehicle, pay to get the vehicle inspected and for most people lost time from work to go sit at the pits waiting for the inspection. These bastards won't be happy until I am giving all of my wages over to the gumbymint.
      As for police being able to remove the defects, what a joke. Most coppers wouldn't know their arse from their elbow and you can bet that bikes and performance vehicles that are legal will be given a hard time when it comes to removal.

Comment

So if the defect notice is issued
        The veicle passes the inspection 1st time and you can prove that nothing has change. (ie ohoto with date )
        Could the department of secondery revenue be held liable ,

shorely they cannot get away with such crap.
        An officer can issue a defect notice on whim, they are often issued incorectly
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Is This:
          Asked last night if the Government had intended to inform motorists about the new fines, a spokesman for Transport Minister Patrick Conlon said "it was in the Budget papers, which were released in September last year"
          Akin to this:

It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'

Comment

Outrageous.

Wouldn't be surprised if an Adelaidean with a bit of nous created a Facebook page notifying users of where big clusters of police had set up camp so as to dole out as many fines as possible at the lowest cost ...
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I know I got told that the tyres on my discovery were the wrong size as they were a 235/70/16 which would affect my speedo and load rating and there for cause the vehicle to be unroadworthy even after showing the hand book to him he said I could have got that from anywhere and i would be visiting the pits It wasn't till i showed him the door placard he gave up but continued to write out the ticket for doing 10 over the limit 235's have been standard fitment on discos since 1989. As for the bike if they cant see my plate they wont see me for long
              In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

I believe we already have fines in place for driving an unroadworthy vehicle, they just don't issue them as policy here. For now.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

The problem I have is that there is no recourse. If it was a normal fine you could fight in court, but Yellow Stickers are a cops way of giving a fine to you that you can't do fuckall about and you have to pay in 2 weeks or get your bike de-registered.

Considering I once had a Yellow Sticker for a worn footpeg rubber, I'd be pissed if I got a $240 fine to go with it.

....and the Police wonder why we want to create Facebook Groups to avoid Booze Buses and any other Police activity.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Recourse might be something the facebook groups need to have prepared in advance.
                    A list of all the active politicians in parliament who approved the budget, and their vehicle driving age immediate family members.
                    Find out their identifiable details, so instead of presenting license to a fining officer, provide your closest matched politician's details, or that of their kids.
                    If they all start receiving uncontestable fines addressed to them, they may get the message.
                    Or they might revolt and bring in a fine you for not carrying your license, along with compulsory biometric readings of citizens to ensure no circumvention of the system =D

Comment

What the ...?

You mean we can just provide false information to police so that traffic fines are sent to somebody else ..?

FOR FUCK'S SAKE PEOPLE WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME THIS EARLIER
                      Originally posted by Melkor
                      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

You should hang out with serious criminals more, or better yet go to jail.

Helps to drive stolen vehicles too.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                          I believe we already have fines in place for driving an unroadworthy vehicle, they just don't issue them as policy here. For now.
                          yeah exactly.

surely it has always been possible for the police to fine you for driving an unroadworthy vehicle?

Comment

Working...
                          X