How to live in Perth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to live in Perth?

finally got the good news from the broker the other day and we (me and me missus) have purchased a house in Ferndale. So now the countdown has officially begun.

i am however itching to find answers to a few questions ive got already...
    firstly, where is the best pub within walking distance of ferndale?

how to grow a lawn on sand?

why doensat anyone wear a helmet on a treadly?

can anyone recomend a bussiness that reconds tile roofs?

how much do postie bikes usually sell for at the auctions?

and should i get my car / bike regoed for wa, or leave it as sa plates?

im sure i will think of more, but thatll do for now. hope to meet some of you soon.
    Jake

Originally posted by Paraletic View Post
    The High Road Hotel is popular.
    BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Comment

finally got the good news from the broker the other day and we (me and me missus) have purchased a house in Ferndale. So now the countdown has officially begun.

im sure i will think of more, but thatll do for now. hope to meet some of you soon.
      Jake
      Answers in order

Dunno... thats south of the river and they breed them different down there... I would suggest a machette and brass knuckles as a minimum for self defence

Easily, like most houses in Perth

It is the easiest way to rebel against the nanny state police here

Could probably pick up a postie bike for about 4 or 500 if you look.

WA rego is generally cheaper than eastern states but not sure about SA. Less likely to get speeding tickets (from multinovas) with your SA plates though
      Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Jake
        1 Already sorted

2 Already sorted, just follow the sprinkler roster (goes by last digit of house number, on as part of the weather on the news), don't use em this winter there is a ban apparently

3 They are retarded, don't worry about it, Darwin's principle should kick in and fix it.

4 Never had a tile roof recon'd, have a look at Yellow PagesĀ® | Your Local Australian Business Directory that should get you started with getting quotes

5 Call these guys : Vehicle Auctions, Car Auctions, Online Auction - Pickles Auctions Australia they are the auctioneers for the bikes, you can also try : Trading Post - Online and Mobile Classifieds and News Classifieds - Search listings for Cars, Homes, Jobs, and more you might even get lucky on ebay

6 THIS LINK should give you all the info for rego details, as far as I remember you are required to transfer your rego straight away if you intend to reside in WA fulltime
        DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

how to grow a lawn on sand? Don't, pave it, buy weed killer, if grass comes up under pavers, apply weed killer liberally.

why doensat anyone wear a helmet on a treadly? Not much sense in spending $30 on a bicycle helmet if you have nothing worth protecting.

can anyone recomend a bussiness that reconds tile roofs? A family friend does it, but he's bloody expensive when not on mates rates to the point you'd be better off shopping around.

how much do postie bikes usually sell for at the auctions? Depends on age and condition, as said, check with the auction houses.

and should i get my car / bike regoed for wa, or leave it as sa plates? If you're moving her permanently, you have 3 months to transfer registration. If you've owned the car/bike from new or for more than a year, and can prove this, as well as that it's currently registered, it won't need inspection... Unless it's had modifications that will require a permit. So the change over can be relatively low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
            If you're moving her permanently, you have 3 months to transfer registration. If you've owned the car/bike from new or for more than a year, and can prove this, as well as that it's currently registered, it won't need inspection... Unless it's had modifications that will require a permit. So the change over can be relatively low cost.
            Wotwotwot? When did this change?
            Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
            Originally posted by filbert
            it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

umm.... its not legal to grow gunja over here FYI lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Drasius View Post
                Wotwotwot? When did this change?
                Somewhere around the 2 year mark now.

Comment

In order:

What the hell's a Ferndale?

We don't believe in lawns in WA. Move to Balcatta, concrete your entire land and smash some concrete lions in. You'll fit right in.

If they wore helmets, it'd be harder to call them deadly treadlies.

A friend works for Permacoat, but not in a position to give mate's rates. Does cashies on the weekend though. Also he's a moron and shot himself in the face by accident the other day fucking around.

Postie bikes - as above - 4-500, possibly more depending on how many hours and condition.

As per anyone moving to Victoria as well - if you intend on staying, you need to get it relicensed to WA (and change your license too) within 3 months.

Comment

I'll be friends with you when you arrive if you shoot into the Barossa and bring me back the current vintage of basket press shiraz from Rockford.
                    sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12467_192756047671_542917671_3142132_4955004_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	4880298
                      I dont have any problem with it, haven't watered it since it was put down 2 years ago.

Comment

What is the point of fake grass though? The only positive i can think of, is that it vaguely looks like grass. But there doesn't seem to be any other benefits.
                        Cant have an animal defecate on it, feels weird underfoot, its ridiculous expensive, will eventually fade, if damaged needs repair, if you fall over you get a wicked burn etcetera....
                        I'd go paving/concrete if its a thoroughfare, otherwise go au naturale with a bit of mulch and the odd native. If you really want to grow lawn, just prep the sand and water like a mother effer.

Comment

Working...
                        X