Photo Essay - Drunk Driver In Northbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Essay - Drunk Driver In Northbridge

Shortly before 5am I was driving along Newcastle Street as I headed back into the war zone in my taxi. I came across a car parked very oddly on the side of the road.

Turned out the guy was drunk... and missed the road. The driver was sitting in the front, on his phone to the RAC to get a tow truck. He was oblivious to the fact that he'd crashed. He didn't even mind that I was walking around taking photos.

I quietly called the police, who arrived about 20 minutes later. I didn't manage to find out exactly what he blew, but I did overhear something about 0.15 and "almost four times the limit", so I'm gonna take a guess that he was in excess of 0.15 (ie driving under the influence) and blew a 0.18 or 0.19.

He was loaded into the back of the police car and I left.

Photos:

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

See this annoys the crap out of me, back in 2004 my then pretty new car was parked along William st, a nice one way street, after a night out we walked back to my car only to find it, and two other cars had been pretty badly damaged by a vehicle driving the wrong way up William st. Which also managed to leave the scene without anyone calling it in (can only assume a drunk driver), my car has never been the same again.

EDIT: Btw is that blood on the grill?
    Last edited by Wedge; 30-05-2011, 01:08 AM.
    :stupid:

Comment

Airbag went off! Heh.

If that wasn't so sad/bad/pathetic/dangerous/etc, it'd be funny.
      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
      Amen, brother. Amen.
      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
        Airbag went off! Heh.

If that wasn't so sad/bad/pathetic/dangerous/etc, it'd be funny.
        Well Im sure laughing also way to perpetuate the stereotype
        "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

fkn asian drivers (it's ok im asian, i can say it and it's not racist)

Comment

excellent work as usual Phildo.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Surprised it took 20mins to get an officer to an RTA / DD incident

Well done Phildo - another one off the road for a while!

Comment

Shame, he had such nice shoes.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by rudleo View Post
                  I wonder what would happen if I made the same comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                    Shame, he had such nice shoes.
                    I am guessing that he will get some use out of them, so all is not lost.

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    I would make you wear a crown of thorns, and drag a cross up the street. Then, I would nail you to it and erect it on a hill with 2 common theives, before stabbing you in the side with a spear.

Hey, that would make a pretty good story. I might write a book.
                    Last edited by Shortfuse; 30-05-2011, 08:45 AM.
                    It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                      Then you'd be a liar, you're not asian at all.
                      Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

He does have nice shoes and I'm pretty sure he has mastered the parallel parking like a champion!
                        Duct tape is like the Force it's dark on one side, light on the other and holds the universe together.

Comment

Originally posted by rudleo View Post
                          dude you're totally racist, he's not asian he just got smacked in the face with an airbag of course he's going to look like that.
                          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

filbert! :o

That's so bloody racist, but so bloody funny at the same time. I am truly torn, do I be a good moderatron, or show myself to be a hypocritical redneck...
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

lucky its only a bollard under the front ..and not a motorcycle.. :0

Comment

Working...
                              X