Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign language movies

Does anyone else like them?
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

I watch a decent amount of Bollywood (comes with the contract), but if Empire Magazine recommends something (Pan's Labyrinth) , or it's had great review at Cannes etc, I'll go out of my way to watch it.

Sent from my BukkakiPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Any favourites lately?
      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Only if i have been specifically recommended them, i don't browse for them. the brotherhood of the wolf was awesome.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

"Life is Beautiful"
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinosaur View Post
            Only if i have been specifically recommended them, i don't browse for them. the brotherhood of the wolf was awesome.
            Haven't seen (or even heard) of that one. I'll look out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
              Haven't seen (or even heard) of that one. I'll look out for it.
              French one, based on a true story, wont give it away, but one of my favs. Sing out if you have any dramas sourcing it.

Comment

One of the best Bollywood films I've seen is Taare Zameen Par. About a kid with dyslexia who gets ignored by the rigourous Indian education system. Not sugar-coated, and you'll baww like a three-year-old.

Most of Aamir Khan's films are worth watching, he has a reputation for refusing shit scripts and going for roles in movies that have meaning, not just entertaining. Another good one is Peepli Live.

Edit: also watch Three Idiots. Sounds silly but another eye-opener on Indian education and values. Yikes.

Sent from my BukkakiPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by vk6hgr
                My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Soul Kitchen (2009) - IMDb

Salami Aleikum

-= ALMANYA - WILLKOMMEN IN DEUTSCHLAND =-

Head-On (2004) - IMDb

The Lives of Others (2006) - IMDb

All in German, Soul Kitchen is one of the best films I've seen.
                  http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

I can see that this will be a great source of ideas. I must own well over 50 now. Good ones of late would be Conspirators of Pleasure, Amal, Caramel, The Band's Visit, Let the Right One In, and anything with Audrey Tautou.

Comment

Yep. Lives of Others is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                        I can see that this will be a great source of ideas. I must own well over 50 now. Good ones of late would be Conspirators of Pleasure, Amal, Caramel, The Band's Visit, Let the Right One In, and anything with Audrey Tautou.
                        There is an American version of Let the right one in, i think its called Let Me In, that was pretty good too.

Comment

Yeah. It was a pretty good American attempt.

Comment

Seen Oldboy? One of my favorites.

Comment

I had a bit of an SBS marathon a couple of days ago. They aired one called "Emma's Bliss" which i thoroughly enjoyed. Recommended.

p.s. One of my all time favorites would be "Sumo do, sumo don't"... Funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X