Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxtel dish and cables...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Foxtel dish and cables...

    long story short, i have just moved over here and the house i bourght has a foxtel dish on the roof and wiring, but no tv antenna.

    does anybody know if i can just use the same cables and remove the dish and replace with a antenna, even if i need to change the ends on them thats ok?

    Also, is there any value / use for a old foxtel dish? im assuming it is owned by them, but that dosant mean i care if there is a decent use for it.

  • #2
    yeah I think the terms state it remains their property even with transfer of ownership of the house. Fuck it, tell them the last owner took it. Scrap metal.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

    Comment


    • #3
      yep, it will just be coaxial cable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeh, it's just RG6 coax with F connectors. If you go to an electrical wholesaler you should be able to get an antenna with an F-connector balun so it is plug and play and a wall plate with an F to RF connector or alternatively bunnings sell F to RF male/female converters and you can just use the existing foxtel wall plate. Hope all that made sense

        Edit for clarity.
        F connector (crimp type)

        F to RF (male) converter

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mekon View Post
          yeah I think the terms state it remains their property even with transfer of ownership of the house. Fuck it, tell them the last owner took it. Scrap metal.
          thort so. sooo, who wants it? i dont.

          Originally posted by Sonik View Post
          Yeh, it's just RG6 coax with F connectors. If you go to an electrical wholesaler you should be able to get an antenna with an F-connector balun so it is plug and play and a wall plate with an F to RF connector or alternatively bunnings sell F to RF male/female converters and you can just use the existing foxtel wall plate. Hope all that made sense

          Edit for clarity.
          F connector (crimp type)

          F to RF (male) converter
          thanks heaps, thats just what i wanted to hear. saves me even having to climb into the roof.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Paraletic View Post
            thanks heaps, thats just what i wanted to hear. saves me even having to climb into the roof.
            wont you still have to get up there to change the dish to an antenna?

            Comment


            • #7
              come and speak to either myself or my boss at electrocraft in belmont. pm me if you want any further detaILS on antenna type or cable/connectors. just google us and find the wa branch for a super special psb discount!
              That bitch took my dollar...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                wont you still have to get up there to change the dish to an antenna?
                yeah, on the roof im good with, in the ceiling im not such a fan.

                J-mac, will pm you with some details, Thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mekon View Post
                  yeah I think the terms state it remains their property even with transfer of ownership of the house. Fuck it, tell them the last owner took it. Scrap metal.

                  Or just tell them to come and get their shit off YOUR house
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                  98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mekon View Post
                    yeah I think the terms state it remains their property even with transfer of ownership of the house. Fuck it, tell them the last owner took it. Scrap metal.
                    Not always. Foxtel didn't want our satellite back when we cancelled and they wouldn't collect it. (But that could be because restrictive housing covenants meant that the satellite had to be coloured to match the roof). So you might have to remove and dispose of it yourself.
                    https://parodieslost.blog/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paraletic View Post
                      long story short, i have just moved over here and the house i bourght has a foxtel dish on the roof and wiring, but no tv antenna.

                      does anybody know if i can just use the same cables and remove the dish and replace with a antenna, even if i need to change the ends on them thats ok?

                      Also, is there any value / use for a old foxtel dish? im assuming it is owned by them, but that dosant mean i care if there is a decent use for it.
                      Generally foxtel installations are done with quad-shield RG6 co-axial cable, standard TV installs are generally cheap & nasty RG59 coax. The RG6 is far less loss than the RG59, you just need to convert it to PAL to connect to your TV. Best way for the longer term would be to change the wall plate for a PAL female socket. But if you are trying to do it easily then just use an adaptor like this:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This reminds me of years back when I was a kid we had a Foxtel guy come out to install the dish on our roof. Our roof was the colourbond metal stuff and the guy managed to slip while working on it. When he was sliding he tried to stop himself by grabbing the metal cover that's used on the corners and cut up his hand/arm so badly there was blood dripping from our roof.

                        TLDR: don't slip

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X