Holden Jackeroo 1 VW Jetta 0 :-(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden Jackeroo 1 VW Jetta 0 :-(

Here I was minding my own business driving the cage home from a fellow PSB members house in Ellenbrook yesterday evening and I get to the roundabout on Pinaster Parade and Ponte Vechio Bvd (think thats the right spellin) and suddenly I am almost sitting in the passenger seat with the passenger side of the car coming rapidly towards me. Nice young chap in a Jackeroo (mummys car) decided he didn't have to look right and give way and T-boned the poor Jetta into the middle of the median spinning it near 360degrees.. Ambos & poopoo came and I spent the next several house getting poked and prodded, Xrays, CT's, Ultrasounded etc at Swannies.. But I am OK and they left me home early this morning. I ache all over my LHS, neck - shoulder - ribs and side..

Just had one of the attending police on the phone to see how I am and to let me know the young P plater will be getting done for failing to give way etc and that the insurance will sort it all out, gave me the crash report details etc. Asked about the car as I was taken out of it by the ambo's and so didnt get to see the damage and he reckons it will prolly be an insurance write off, Couple of pillars and rear passenger side door stove in and the rear alloy wheel bent into the wheel well. What a pain in the arse But I am here still, and the car will be replaced with a shiney new one if they write it off.. Actually if they dont write it off and repair it then it will still be replaced with a shiney new one Time to go car shopping, maybe a dual cab utility this time

The other driver is also insured with CGU so least that should make dealing with it all a little easier, going to give Swann towing a call on Monday and see if I can go have a look at the car, need to grab the rest of my personal stuff out of it anyway.

Time to go take some more pain relief and relax for the rest of the night. Could have been much worse had I been on one of the bikes I doubt I would be here typing this out and layin on a slab in the morgue.

Keep safe folks..

good news that you're ok and lucky you didn't have a passenger, hope the pain is manageable and you enjoy your new car when the dust settles.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Mate, seriously, get yourself a number form ICWA and follow all the tips in this thread; http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ccident-80441/

ICWA is who will look after your medical, even if the other guy isn't insured (which you said he is so that'll take care of your car).

ICWA. Do it.

Good to hear you're mostly OK, too. Sounds like a nasty accident.
      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
      Amen, brother. Amen.
      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
        Mate, seriously, get yourself a number form ICWA and follow all the tips in this thread; http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ccident-80441/

ICWA is who will look after your medical, even if the other guy isn't insured (which you said he is so that'll take care of your car).

ICWA. Do it.

Good to hear you're mostly OK, too. Sounds like a nasty accident.
        Mate, thanks for the link, have just gone thru and filled out the online form etc and had the confirmation Email. Yer it was certainly an eye opener, it all happens so fast, one second your driving along minding your own business, then next it's WHF just happened! Battered and bruised but alive and not in an ICU somewhere, beleive it or not that was my 2nd ever crash in 27yrs driving/riding. Last one was back in the 'old country' when I had a dog run out in front of me when I was riding a Suzuki X7 into see the then GF and now wife I think she was more shook up than me when she arrived on the scene with the cops and SJA in attendance.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X