Crash Investigation Unit on Ch7 at 8pm tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Investigation Unit on Ch7 at 8pm tonight

It apparently has a story on a motorcycle v car crash, with an interesting conclusion about the bike. I'm told that it's worth watching.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

I'll be very interested to see how the frame being torn apart in a head-on collision is relevant, poor weld or not.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

thats a fair crash
      bike too far over? for better corner?
      Last edited by Algy; 25-07-2011, 08:26 PM.
      Hello

Comment

I can't imagine that manufacturers would do a different/weaker frame for the Japanese market. Has thta brand new front tire got something to do with it? Why was the rider anywhere near the middle?
        -

Comment

You have got to be kidding me. Dismissed it?

Comment

Hmm, so the driver was 20cms too far over.
            -

Comment

what the fuck?

the police show the car was on the wrong side of the road, yet that's not enough?

would love to read a court transcript to see what was argued in court.

Comment

+1 they f*cking mapped it out

Typical one that causes it gets off scott free
                "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

He said earlier, he took a wider line as taught by an advanced riding course.

Would this be correct? As i would assume those blinds corners are constantly cut by cars (and bikes) when there are no marked lines.

Thanks for head up on the episode.

Comment

I would have thought an advanced riding course would have taught him about keeping a buffer between himself and other cars. Maybe he meant a cornering course.
                    -

Comment

If you take a shorter line your going to run wide or run out of road coming out and be able to see less through the corner
                      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Hmmm the dismissal is a bit disturbing. What else do they need to prove? Amazing, they manage to find ways to prove people were hoons with fair less evidence
                        Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
                        For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

If you hug the curb and run wide you end up in middle of the road, if you start in the middle of the road and run wide you end up on the wrong side.

Comment

I think he took the line of maximum visibility, ie the one where you can see the furthest through the corner, and in turn be seen from the furthest distance. Also if it's not a road you've ridden before and you're not sure if it is a decreasing radius corner or what not, starting from the outside line gives you more room to lean in.

The negative side of it being that cars can sometimes run wide...

(This is from a book on advanced riding/safety techniques.)

Comment

Yeah maybe he didn't see the car coming because he was checking his speedo or looking for a multanova.

Thinking back the only scares I can remember having are on left-handers when cars coming the other way cut the corner.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X