Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions?????????

Howdy all,

I've just bought a Pajero and I need to do the brakes. Only it has alloys and they have a security nut on them.

Now I've looked all through the car and even asked the previous owner and the key is no where to be found.

Anyone now how to get these little bastards off??

Any advise would greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Stewie

Go into a tyre store and see if they have them for sale or can take them off for you! one wheel nut wont matter to much if you take it easy on the way home....but then you need to go back to do them up lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr Junkie View Post
      Go into a tyre store and see if they have them for sale or can take them off for you! one wheel nut wont matter to much if you take it easy on the way home....but then you need to go back to do them up lol
      Unfortunately not an option. The car to be towed home cause it has no brakes at all! Once there off I'll either buy some more security nuts with the key or just put standards on cause in all fairness..... the rims aren't worth pinchin anyway!!

Comment

I have removed them from my old Gemini with an old socket slightly smaller than the lock nut by smashing it on with a hammer. Success will depend on how much space you have around the nut and this will most likely ruin the socket.

Comment

^^^whs...

It works if you know what you are doing...

Many wheel thieves can testify to that...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonik View Post
            I have removed them from my old Gemini with an old socket slightly smaller than the lock nut by smashing it on with a hammer. Success will depend on how much space you have around the nut and this will most likely ruin the socket.
            Cheers mate I'll give that a go. There's actual heaps of your to operate but just that little bit to small for vice grips.

Am I going to end up needing 1 socket per nut you think or will 1 socket do all?

Comment

Depends on how cheap it is, you may get away with one for all or find it isn't gripping after one or two nuts or that you cant get them out of the socket (bench vice and a punch or spare bolt will help). You can try checking cash converters once you know what size you need as they sometimes have a bin for loose old sockets and spanners that are really cheap.

Comment

Borrow a welder and weld something you can grab to undo the nuts?
                '====
                //`
                -Magilla
                They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                  Borrow a welder and weld something you can grab to undo the nuts?
                  depends on the year of the pajero, you risk spiking the computers sending a welding charge through the car

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                    depends on the year of the pajero, you risk spiking the computers sending a welding charge through the car
                    Its an 85 but you can combat the by grounding the car your working on and disconnecting the battery.

but anyway thanks all! Under sized socket and FBH did the trick. The socket even survived the ordeal!!

Actually the job was a $hit load easier then I thought!!

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X