No announcement yet.

Another Pay Increase for the Pollies!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Pay Increase for the Pollies!!!

I for one would love a job where I could say "hey boys ( or girls ) feel like a bit of a raise? all in favour raise your hands,"
    now I realise that its a high stress job that can turn your hair grey( or red) but our PM gets payed better than the American president...
    it should be like the priuvate sector, do a good job, get a raise, do a shit job, get a warning, do it again get sacked.
    just my 2 cents worth of whinging...
    Yes they do a good job,I'm happy to give them my tax dollars
    0.00%
    Are you serious? lay off the crack pipe. NO
    94.12%
    I don't pay tax so I couldn't care less.
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

"when people say I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart."
    all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."

Well they don't actually vote and give themselves pay rises. It is done by a special tribunal BUT guess what these are typical bureaucrats and all want to keep their overpaid jobs so they aren't going to say no to their bosses are they As you say if it was done on a performance basis they wouldn't be entitled to any pay rise
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Politician pay had quadrupled over the last 20 years or so, i remember when back benchers got around 50K

they dont deserve it
      the rest of the workforce gets nowhere near that sort of increase
      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

In a period of rising costs, economic uncertainty, retail sales being down accross the board and real estate being at its worst position for as long as anyone can remember - they get a pay rise.
        The concept of performance based renumeration apparently means nothing in the houses of parliament.

Comment

If i could pay money (to a nominal tax/charity) in order for them to be paid less, i would.

Useless scum.

ROB JOHNSON

GIVE ME
          BACK MY
          MONEY!
          YOU THIEF
          Last edited by Maxo; 04-07-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

yeah just looked it up. the tribunal gave them another 5.5k a year, thats after the 44.5k they got last year. I for one wouldn't mind a 50k increase in my munys!!
            "when people say I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart."
            all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."

Comment

ahhh, so now we know the real reason for the carbon tax

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by Wildslide View Post
                the tribunal gave them another 5.5k a year, thats after the 44.5k they got last year. I for one wouldn't mind a 50k increase in my munys!!

Half the people in this country live off less than the Pollie pay rises for an entire year.

something aint right
                National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

I would prbably agree with it, had they not just received a massive payrise in a time where the economy is struggling to move at all.
                  Giggity

Comment

These threads are kinda useless. Everyone agrees so no discussion needs to occur. It's just a thread for everyone to post the same comment. My comment is along the same lines as those posted previously.

Comment

Switzerland have got it right IMO. Pollies are paid very little for their duties and most house representatives are part timers who rely on income from other sources when they are not sitting in parliament.

Politicians there are in it for the love of their country and their belief that they can make a difference.
                      Come to the dark side. We have Bacon.

Comment

haha... love this part from an article...

When that pay rise was first announced in December last year (add: the last big pay rise), the tribunal blamed the rise of Facebook, Twitter and other social and online media for increasing the workload of the nation's politicians.
                        Politicians boost their own pay again | adelaidenow
                        "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Wildslide View Post
                          our PM gets payed better than the American president..
                          So fucking what?
                          His country is in trillions of dollars of debt, ours isn't.
                          What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                            So fucking what?
                            What's your point?
                            True, most Australians get paid better than Americans in equivalent jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                              So fucking what?
                              What's your point?
                              Maybe something to do with the 2010 US GPD being M$14,620,000 and Australia's being M$1,220,000... More citizens, more money, more responsibilities, less pay... doesn't make sense to me.
                              Come to the dark side. We have Bacon.

Comment

Working...
                              X