Perth driving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth driving

Just out for a my daily ride, got cut off about twice. Its ridiculous in Perth. I used to work as a forkie for a Chemical company in Kewdale. We had a bloke who had been all over Australia driving freight and I remember him saying "out of every single city and state I've been in, Perth has without a shadow of a doubt the worst drivers."

So my question is, how do you guys deal with morons cutting you off or tailgating or just generally crap driving?

Personally if see an idiot on their phone I make sure my exhaust is right next to their window and Ill keep the revs high. If someone cuts in front I usually go behind them and just hold the horn for a good 30 seconds. Tailgaters I just slowly reduce speed till its a crawl and they get angry.
    How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

You're doing it wrong. If you get cut off/see someone on a phone/get tailgated, get the hell away from them. You can bet they aren't paying attention or have a chip on their shoulder.

Rather be home safe and away from them, than be near someone with 10 x more mass and get cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb View Post
      You're doing it wrong. If you get cut off/see someone on a phone/get tailgated, get the hell away from them. You can bet they aren't paying attention or have a chip on their shoulder.

Rather be home safe and away from them, than be near someone with 10 x more mass and get cleaned up.
      +1 don't antagonise, instigate, attempt to intimidate or educate instead just evacuate
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Nope of the above, you are doing it wrong!!

1. Look out for those that have the potential to cut you off and be ready, move over and continue on as if nothing happened.
        2. Those on the phone - don't like them, but the most I would do would be give them a brief look and then move away from the asap
        3. Tailgaters, move lanes and let them go, if single lane, a bit hard, but would move over to the left and let them pass asap

Stay calm, focussed and alert and you will have a much more enjoyable ride and also be safer

Comment

Laugh at them and continue on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kia View Post
            Personally if see an idiot on their phone I make sure my exhaust is right next to their window and Ill keep the revs high. If someone cuts in front I usually go behind them and just hold the horn for a good 30 seconds. Tailgaters I just slowly reduce speed till its a crawl and they get angry.
            So what you are saying is that due to their ignorance and poor skills, you turn into a douchebag big enough to cleanse a whale.
            Nice going there.

Comment

If they try and block me i go around them.

If they're talking on the phone i don't care.

I don't know how you can be tailgated on a bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie View Post
                *Sung to Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)*

Be an attentive rider ... ride watching more than just the car in front of you so can anticipate problems and how other drivers might react.

Learn road positioning .... when to be where in a lane ... ie inside / outside / passing etc

Watch drivers mirrors/heads/hands .. you can get a feel for when people want to move lanes etc

Never ride in a blind spot ... MAKE yourself visable .... move up or back

Dont take unnecessary risks ... dont speed .. dont let your ego ride your bike ... you WILL fuck up.

Understand yourself, your capabilities and that of your bike and dont ride outside those limits

Always assume they havent seen you and ride appropriately

Watch side streets/driveways

Always have an escape route planned ... even if it is mount the curb and ditch it

Watch out for small penis syndrome ...... cars drivers hate being passed/split etc .. it hurts their little pin dick egos that they too gutless to get on a bike and cant do it.

Some of them are quite vindictive about it .... be aware

Dont be an aggressive rider ... but dont be a pussy either.

And just remember ..... in case of an accident ... you may be "in the right .... but youre going to be the one hurting".
                CHAR
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I'm guessing OP is late teens/early 20's and has had his licence for less than a year.

Comment

You're doing it wrong...

Read what the people above are saying and learn...

Comment

Originally posted by Kia View Post
                      Checkout operator/ Student living in Dianella here. Im 19 years old and only recently got my RE license (22/10).
                      Yep, here's your problem.
                      Last edited by B0RDEX; 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM. Reason: Quote tags not co-operating!
                      AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Just don't try and fight them..but I guess in full leathers you wouldn't need to be an expert fighter...so go ahead.
                        Originally posted by Rich...
                        You got me in trouble...

Comment

I don't put myself in a position where I can be cut off.

And then I move on with my life.
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
                            Just don't try and fight them..but I guess in full leathers you wouldn't need to be an expert fighter...so go ahead.
                            I wouldnt.
                            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo-Fo View Post
                              I don't know how you can be tailgated on a bike?
                              Had a bloke on my tail on the freeway once, pretty much blocked due to Police two cars in front. My pillion was spitting on his windscreen, so he put his washers/wipers on. I moved to the emergency lane and let him pin a tail on the vehicle in front.
                              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                              X