Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sex Abuse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sex Abuse.

This should have been put in place last century, why has it taken so long for our fearless leaders to wake up when every half intelligent man and his dog has been aware of it for years.

The wealth and power of the catholic cult is mind boggling and I doubt they will suffer little more than collateral damage due to the influence they hold.

Of course it is not only the catholics who are under scrutiny but I dream of the day when they are outlawed as a criminal organisation.

Any so called christian organisation that covers up thier own criminals and moves them sideways has no place in civilised society to my way of thinking.

A very good friend of mine is the principal of a catholic school and a thoroughly decent and intelligent man, yet he still blindly defends his faith.

Your thoughts?

I think instead of saying it should have been done ages ago, we applaud this as a progressive action.
    I thoroughly look forward to the outcome.
    Well done, Gillard.

Comment

"Survivor Vatican", put all the Catholic priests in Piazza San Pietro, the one that bites off the most ears wins.
      -

Comment

Took them a while to clean out any evidence. Like a generation or 2.
        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

That it has taken this long is what saddens me, especially when this sort of person stands up and tries to do something about it :

Whistleblower Det Ins Peter Fox vindicated as he weighs future
          DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

This Catholicism has been designed very very cunningly. Protestants live with their sins until they kark it. Catholics are resolved of their sins each time they climb into the tardis and do a confession.
            "Forgive me Father I have sinned!"
            "What are your sins Father?"
            "I just butt fucked a couple of 6 years olds."
            "Oh! 3 Hail Mary's and 10 minutes playing with your worry beads. Please forward your photos to me."
            "Thank-you Father."
            "THANK-YOU FATHER! Same time tomorrow?"

And on it goes. Clean slate. Hi ho hi ho.

Religion. You gotta love it!

Comment

Oh, great another Royal Commission.

A chance for everyone to have their say without any repercussions and then we can sweep it under the carpet and forget all about it.

Can someone tell me how many charges and convictions were obtained from a Royal Commission?

How many recommendations from the WAinc RC have been implemented for example? I think BB did some time for stealing some stamps from the Labor party?

Kisses $500mil+ goodbye over the background sound of lawyers rubbing their hands together.

Can we not spend the money on Policing it better now?
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

I watched Chrissie and Anthony Foster this morning on ABC breakfast, and saw how much this commission means to them and other victims.

Victims hail royal commission as bittersweet victory - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I sincerely hope that the findings of the commission can help bring convictions, and some sort of help, justice or closure to those who have suffered. I also hope that this provides an opportunity for the Catholic Church to acknowledge that they have not dealt with this appropriately in the past, and that they are not above the law. There should never be a question that anyone who is accused of child abuse should be dealt with by the law, and not by the church. I honestly don't know how someone could live with themself if they were part of an act that covered up abuse. It's just intolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Trashed View Post
                  I also hope that this provides an opportunity for the Catholic Church to acknowledge that they have not dealt with this appropriately in the past, and that they are not above the law.
                  It doesn't look like it, I'm afraid: Abuse probe will 'separate fact from fiction' - The West Australian
                  "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

"CARDINAL George Pell says priests who hear confessions from colleagues who commit child sex abuse should remain bound by the Seal of Confession."
                    Defiant Cardinal George Pell says sex abuse royal commission will 'separate fact from fiction' | Perth Now

I can't see it being anything other than;
                    Victim: I was systematically abused by my local priest.
                    Priest: I don't know what you are talking about.
                    Head of the priests Diocese: I can not talk about that as it is covered by the Seal of Confession.

All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

So already they are making excuses and covering what they've done to little boy's arses.

Comment

I will cum on ye faithfull said the father to the poor alter(d) boy,

Say the lords name as you recive you punnishmant for your sinns boy

you ask why the boys choir sings so high pitched, well buggerd if i know Marry, devine like your son lol,
                        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                          Oh, great another Royal Commission.

A chance for everyone to have their say without any repercussions and then we can sweep it under the carpet and forget all about it.

Can someone tell me how many charges and convictions were obtained from a Royal Commission?

How many recommendations from the WAinc RC have been implemented for example? I think BB did some time for stealing some stamps from the Labor party?

Kisses $500mil+ goodbye over the background sound of lawyers rubbing their hands together.

Can we not spend the money on Policing it better now?
                          Sadly this.
                          Royal Commissions only end in recommendations. Nothing more.
                          Can you help with foster care?
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Royal commissions are often established to look into conduct that would normally fall within the purview of police and prosecutors for a very simple reason - those two authorities have either been right in the thick of the wrongdoing, or have royally fucked up. This was the case in Queensland with the Fitzgerald inquiry, and it is quite obvious that only a royal commission could have done the job because the police were part and parcel of the brown paper bag trade. Although the state and federal police and social welfare agencies are not quite that bad in this instance, it is clear they have systematically failed to do their job. Handing more money to those bodies will achieve sweet fuck all unless and until someone from outside the rotten system throws a spotlight on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PFLB View Post
                              Royal commissions are often established to look into conduct that would normally fall within the purview of police and prosecutors for a very simple reason - those two authorities have either been right in the thick of the wrongdoing, or have royally fucked up. This was the case in Queensland with the Fitzgerald inquiry, and it is quite obvious that only a royal commission could have done the job because the police were part and parcel of the brown paper bag trade. Although the state and federal police and social welfare agencies are not quite that bad in this instance, it is clear they have systematically failed to do their job. Handing more money to those bodies will achieve sweet fuck all unless and until someone from outside the rotten system throws a spotlight on it.
                              Then we needed another three Royal Commissions into various Police Forces around the country to let us know that there are crooked coppers and we need to be wary and not complacent?

Now we will be told that there was (and still is, but most likely to a lesser extent) systematic abuse of children in "care" over the years by some people who intimidate and trick others into keeping quiet due to power structures in volunteer and underfunded organisations.

Whoever may be charged will plead that a fair trial is impossible after the Royal Commission.

Any news?
                              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                              X