Thieving Little Shits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieving Little Shits

Last night I was in the shower scrubbing myself down when I heard someone talking outside, about my motorcycle parked up next to the front door, describing it. I thought it was my girlfriend's brother who was over on a phone call out the back, wandering around.

I asked him if he was on a phone call after I got out and got dressed, and he said no, he'd said hello over the fence thinking it was the neighbour he knew, but it turned out to be the 15 year old son (and 2 of his friends) of a woman the neighbour had taken in with a bit of a checkered past drinking out the back. I asked if he'd been talking about my bike with them or anything and he said no, wasn't him, but the kids next door looked dodgy as hell (Source: they look dodgy as hell).

Nervous, I moved the bike into the garage with the help of my girlfriend's brother in the dark, slapped on the Kryptonite Disc Lock and cover, and closed the automatic garage door from inside the house using the remote.

This morning, we were all talking in the kitchen when my partner realised the garage door was wide open. Panicking that my bike had been stolen, I ran in to check, finding it still there, but the cover had been disturbed, and lifted away partly, exposing the front of the bike, specifically where my disc lock and reminder cable were. Both my girlfriend's brother and I watched the garage door close as we were talking, so there's no possibility it's hit an object and reopened or anything.

What do?

Can the garage door be deadlocked?
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Go and ask if they saw or heard anything and hint you are a light sleeper after doing 8 years for GBH and manslaughter.

Seriously I would talk to them innocently about if they heard or saw anything to let them know you are prepared to front up if anyone tries to steal from them as well. Because neighbours look after each other and you dont call cops but prefer to deal with thieves on a local level.

Add a hint of malice in your voice for extra effect.
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

[MENTION=16944]darkfibre[/MENTION] - unfortunately not. Usually the bike is Kryptonite chained to a trailer, then disc locked, then cover over it, but a bit more out in the open. After overhearing them last night I thought the garage would be a safer bet that they wouldn't go looking for it if it was suddenly not there.

[MENTION=5686]chew[/MENTION] - the woman next door has 2 younger kids and this older 15 year old to different dads. She's a recovering alcoholic and the department of child protection comes and checks up on her randomly to make sure she's not on the sauce. She and her two young kids are fine, it's only the 15 year old who's got a different father making her life difficult. The dad of either him or the 2 young kids visits every few weekends on day release from prison but they've been absolutely no problem at all. 15 year old is risking everything she has by this kind of antic, not to mention the marijuana plants he's growing down the back behind the shed.

Comment

Well there you go.. One line to solve it all - 'I'd hate for the cops to come investigate my stolen bike and see your plants behind the shed over there!'

Comment

Originally posted by crowtribe View Post
            darkfibre - unfortunately not. Usually the bike is Kryptonite chained to a trailer, then disc locked, then cover over it, but a bit more out in the open. After overhearing them last night I thought the garage would be a safer bet that they wouldn't go looking for it if it was suddenly not there.

chew - the woman next door has 2 younger kids and this older 15 year old to different dads. She's a recovering alcoholic and the department of child protection comes and checks up on her randomly to make sure she's not on the sauce. She and her two young kids are fine, it's only the 15 year old who's got a different father making her life difficult. The dad of either him or the 2 young kids visits every few weekends on day release from prison but they've been absolutely no problem at all. 15 year old is risking everything she has by this kind of antic, not to mention the marijuana plants he's growing down the back behind the shed.
            Beautiful, another poor hard done by human who sounds determined to drag his family down to his level.

Just make sure he is aware you are onto him. Sustained eye contact and the occasional wink.

PSB Party at your place?

Also, what manyak said.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

with a bit of thought, one of these could be placed in a sucker location
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Cut the heads off his plants and put them on his pillow.

Comment

I'd look at changing the frequency on the gge door & reset your own remotes. Sounds like they've managed to pair up another remote (whoever they are)

Comment

Park your bike in the kitchen.

Comment

Without going all fancy and going to the expense of camera's and the like, I have purchased an PIR Dectector ($39) which screams out at around 110-130db (louder than most disk locks).

It's mobile, so whether it is in your shed or your garage and runs on 4 AA's. Just another cheap addition to what you already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay D View Post
                        Without going all fancy and going to the expense of camera's and the like, I have purchased an PIR Dectector ($39) which screams out at around 110-130db (louder than most disk locks).

It's mobile, so whether it is in your shed or your garage and runs on 4 AA's. Just another cheap addition to what you already have.
                        Had something similar in a shed once. Bloody roaches, mice and moths can set them off we found. Was early days of these things, so maybe (hopefully) they're better now at discriminating out rodents.
                        aka Matt
                        RB 2 11

Comment

Originally posted by Jay D View Post

With a toilet empty toilet roll (carbord tube) you could make it directional easy enough.

Also I have rabbit traps, hypertheticly if I was to lend them to you would we know be a known criminal organization ?
                          I will not lend them out BTW (a disclaimer there for any of our finest who may be reading this )

REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                            Cut the heads off his plants and put them on MY pillow.
                            Fixed!!!!
                            Farrider #41
                            I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings,
                            I'm a drunk, I go to parties.

Comment

I end up having it out with the next door teens. After much gentle negotiating that failed, I intimidated the fuck out of the kids and told their dad that if their was anymore bullshit from them, he would be the one that cops it. It worked and I actually became quite good mates with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X