• Show
Clear All

• "The tunnel" Shunt Car.

Shunting vehicle to ease tunnel congestion | Perth Now

Are you kidding me?

345131-tunnel-shunt-vehicle.jpg
    Originally posted by Rich...
    You got me in trouble...

Car breaks down and this pushes it out of the way, simple idea and the fastest way to clear the obstruction.

If your car got damaged as a result you could claim the damages, what's your problem with it?

Comment

Car would need to be able to be started? Power steering, brakes, what about if it was an auto trans car?

Comment

New Zealand cops shunt cars off the road with cop cars, it beats them sitting in the way of traffic like they do here, or being parked half on the road, damage is minimal to none they don't hit at 60 or push at speed, they just idle up to make contact and push just above walking pace.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Can still put an auto in neutral.

The tunnel is pretty straight so limited non power steering would still work and you'd probably only be getting pushed at a few km/h.

Comment

Yep, sounds like a decent enough idea to me. It will probably cost us $200,000 a year to operate though.

As long as they don't try to shunt a bike.
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Great idea, underground you just ram the fuckers and push them out the way. Ute to ute, sparks twisted metal, clear the way.
              A soft push pad will be pritty harmless, Also adds a huge safty aspect.
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

I can see news headlines of a bunch of drunk bogans from the paramount hotwiring it and going on a rampage.

Comment

Need to get the thing to clear nice twisty roads ahead of a ride, put some brushes on the bottom to sweep the street at the same time... Brilliant.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I believe they have been using the same idea in QLD for a while...

Comment

Just add solid fuel rocket pack....
                      I think they are called J's
                      Light blue torch paper and stand well back,
                      video or it dint happen...

Fuck broken down cars'/ex girlfreind's/mates wives/dogs' that fucken bark all night/neighbours who have days off when I don't......
                      Mmmm J's could be the answer to a lot of stoppages...might just look into that... bust the myth..!
                      feel free to add shit that pisses you off........h & K's
                      " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

maybe they could use it on the freeways too. When a car crashes or breaks down they push it up the next available off ramp so everyone else doesnt slow down to 30km/h to have a look

Comment

I've seen many car drivers apply the same theory of this machine to motorcyclists... they're so kind that they don't even wait for the motorcyclist to have broken down or even stopped for that matter.
                          Last edited by TurboR1; 21-11-2012, 05:37 PM.
                          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Why not just tow. Shunting ain't gonna work through the curves...plus it's an Outlander...

Comment

Originally posted by P.J View Post
                              Car would need to be able to be started? Power steering, brakes, what about if it was an auto trans car?
                              Are you serious? Please tell me you're not mechanically minded, then I can excuse

So long as the key is in the ignition, steering turns. Sure you might have to work those weedy arms a bit, but you can steer, same with the brakes. Also as mentioned, auto trannies can be put on Neutral... who'd a thunk that?

Can't believe it's taken this long!
                              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                              . .

Comment

Working...
                              X