X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea makes major discovery!!

http://www.kcna.co.jp/item/2012/2012...1129-20ee.html

Lair of King Tongmyong's Unicorn Reconfirmed in DPRK

Pyongyang, November 29 (KCNA) -- Archaeologists of the History Institute of the DPRK Academy of Social Sciences have recently reconfirmed a lair of the unicorn rode by King Tongmyong, founder of the Koguryo Kingdom (B.C. 277-A.D. 668).

The lair is located 200 meters from the Yongmyong Temple in Moran Hill in Pyongyang City. A rectangular rock carved with words "Unicorn Lair" stands in front of the lair. The carved words are believed to date back to the period of Koryo Kingdom (918-1392).

Jo Hui Sung, director of the Institute, told KCNA:

"Korea's history books deal with the unicorn, considered to be ridden by King Tongmyong, and its lair.

The Sogyong (Pyongyang) chapter of the old book 'Koryo History' (geographical book), said: Ulmil Pavilion is on the top of Mt. Kumsu, with Yongmyong Temple, one of Pyongyang's eight scenic spots, beneath it. The temple served as a relief palace for King Tongmyong, in which there is the lair of his unicorn.

The old book 'Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam' (Revised Handbook of Korean Geography) complied in the 16th century wrote that there is a lair west of Pubyok Pavilion in Mt. Kumsu.

The discovery of the unicorn lair, associated with legend about King Tongmyong, proves that Pyongyang was a capital city of Ancient Korea as well as Koguryo Kingdom."
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

wow. i feel that this justifies all of north korea's actions over the last 50 years. one must pull out all stops when it comes to protecting the unicorn's lair
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

As much as I loooove archaeology, I'm trying to muster enthusiasm.

I assume the unicorn in question would probably be a heavily armoured horse?

(Unsure if unicorn or North Korean propaganda...)
      Originally posted by vk6hgr
      My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

A real unicorn, apparently. Propaganda at its best (or worst, depending on how you look at it).
        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

A rectangular rock carved with words "Unicorn Lair" stands in front of the lair.
          X marks the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
            X marks the spot.
            Yes, just as well that was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
              A real unicorn, apparently. Propaganda at its best (or worst, depending on how you look at it).
              I guess all mythical creatures have some sort of twisted truth to their origin. Mermaids and manatees, for example.
              Originally posted by vk6hgr
              My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                I guess all mythical creatures have some sort of twisted truth to their origin. Mermaids and manatees, for example.
                For sure - I'm just calling bullshit on the whole North Korean story.

Comment

Comment

lol

if I try to access this page, it is blocked by the south Korean web filter.

"Blocked for illegal and harmful on the site: :"

korean internet police.png

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

It's been there 1200+ years with a sign saying "Unicorn's Lair" and they just discovered it ?
                      "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it," she once said, "unless I'm thirsty."
                      Madame Lilly Bollinger

Comment

It really is easy to spot. Was located right next door to the Wests fiscal responsibility doctrine...
                        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TRX View Post
                          lol

if I try to access this page, it is blocked by the south Korean web filter.

"Blocked for illegal and harmful on the site: :"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79995[/ATTACH]
                          Has anyone knocked on your door yet?

Comment

Holy shit. This website is godamn amazing.
                            The use of a Japanese domain is a nice touch.
                            Can you help with foster care?
                            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Yeah, it's a fun read sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X