What’s in a Name? a user name that is

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s in a Name? a user name that is

I've seen a few goodies popping up on the screen now and then, some quite clever and some really fkn obscure ones too, making me wonder where the fk they got that from and what’s the story behind it SOooo I’m posing the question to anyone who’s keen enough to type a few words of explanation

I wanted to look at something that was restricted to registered users only, and being put on the spot to go further, just used the bike I was riding as the inspiration which at the time was a black Honda Shadow, I’d liked to have come up with something more smart arse but I’m too lazy and just wanted to get to the page I was being blocked from

How did you come by that user name?

I put about 1/100th of a second thought into choosing it....

Comment

I came up with mine after watching this movie plus it gives people a laugh

Comment

Well I'm buddhist, and as much as I'm an individual, I'm also just like everyone else, a sentient being.

Comment

Many moons ago, a group of people I was associated with used to delight in taking the piss out of members of a U.S. based aviation website. I think it's called "trolling" these days, but back then it was just damned good fun.
          You wouldn't believe how seriously some of the people took themselves.
          One of the high points was when the forum owner/manager/big cheese banned all members from Australia. If you had an Oz address, you couldn't join.

That was relaxed after a while, so the banned users (including myself) would re-register with a raft of different names. Some of mine were "Austin Lancer", "Morris Minor", there was the Greek connection, "Anna Falaxis", "Tom Price", "Les Murdie" and of course, good old Ken Oath.

"Ken Oath" lasted several weeks until someone told them it wasn't a real name. Like I said, they were really gullible. It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Hear it often enough and it sticks.

Frt = Former Ratbag Teenager.
            Last edited by Old frt; 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I have been using this since playing MUDs at Uni computer labs back in the old days... been using it ever since....
              "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Buy me a drink and ill tell you....
                When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

I've had this nick on a few forums now. A passing interest in psychology is what led me to it, the Watchmen reference is a bonus.

Comment

My name is shan
                    Shan I am
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Nuff said, except I wasn't there!
                      kapyong-main.jpg

Comment

I'm Scottish

Comment

As a kid i had a really short attention span, so instead of listening to what the teacher asked i'd just draw things that had nothing to do with what i was supposed to be doing.

Comment

I like speed triples.

Comment

I'm a bit smelly

Comment

Working...
                              X