Under-rated Artists.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under-rated Artists.

Not sure if done it or not, did a quick search. I'm aware of the " What are you listening to? " Thread. But this is for Artists who don't get enough credit.

I'd like to start with Steam Powered Giraffe.

A mate just linked me this. I'm bloody glad he did. They are brilliant! Who has some other gems?
    Work to ride, and ride to work.

Awesome, thanks for posting!
    '====
    //`
    -Magilla
    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
    Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Heh.

More seriously, big fan of an indy artist, tweakerRay. Does remix stuff, but also has a couple of albumns out.

Example remix of NIN - burn (crank bass)

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

TweakerRay example of own work...

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I liked these guys before Apple did.

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

The Mistress of double entendre...

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

I am just going to restrain myself from this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                The Mistress of double entendre...

This is not bad, i could very easily listen to this. Cheers

Comment

Another from Steam Powered Giraffe. They all harmonize so well together.

Comment

Oh HERE we go.

Comment

Don't hear much from Jethro Tull these days but what a great outfit they are!
                      Guitarist Martin Barre is also pretty under rated for his incredible playing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Originally posted by peter600 View Post
                        Don't hear much from Jethro Tull these days but what a great outfit they are!
                        Guitarist Martin Barre is also pretty under rated for his incredible playing.

I'll be sure to check it out, when i get home then. Cheers Allways great discovering new artists that are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Groz View Post
                          I'll be sure to check it out, when i get home then. Cheers Allways great discovering new artists that are good.
                          The audio on the vid is a bit average but the energy levels are high, Their studio recordings are the duck's nuts.

Aqualung is a standout album for me....
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Not sure if it's from the lack of sleep. But this song.. Is really really good. Imo

Comment

This is very good aswell. Maybe i'm just excited for the release of The Hobbit.

Comment

Working...
                              X