Douchenozzlery...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douchenozzlery...

So people Douchenozzlery and the being a Douchenozzle...

Is it age related and it can be grown out of?

Is it genetic and they are stuck with it for life?

Can someone be taught to not be a Douchenozzle?

Originally posted by Rich View Post

Not necessarily age related, but can be grown out of when the person realizes what affect it has on their life (alienating people around them)

No

and....
    no

They need to figure shit out themselves. Some never do.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I heard an interesting idea from a friend's ex not too long ago...

She thinks that as men get older they get less douchie. For examples (mine, not hers), see [MENTION=9151]T-roy[/MENTION] or [MENTION=7222]Bunyack[/MENTION].

She also thinks that as girls get older they get more crazy. I'll refrain from examples as that's negative nancy stuff, but I'm sure there are a few closed threads out there that will do well enough as a warning.
      Originally posted by Ferris
      I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

C'mon [MENTION=6669]Rich[/MENTION] i think there are some perfect examples that certain Douchenozzles can grow out of it
        I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Ok...

If they can grow out of it, and like Thro said, they have to figure it out themselves...

Is it possible to help them figure it out?

Is it our civil duty to help them figure it out?

Or does the world need some douches?

Comment

Well every place of fun needs a douche to keep it in check lol
            I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Forum needs more hazings.
              Originally posted by Ferris
              I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Not sure hazing is correct...

But douchenozzlery probably should be pointed out to help the unfortunate douche...

I know T-Roy is thankful for the help he received...

And others have grown out of it and recognized they were douches...

Sometimes I just feel we should be helping them with "tough love"...

But I believe the issue is the douche doesn't believe he is a douche so doesn't take the help on board, and have to figure it out themselves...

Comment

Its entirely up to the douchenozzle as to whether or not highlighting their flaws will resonate with them. They are generally deeply ingrained habits which will slide under the radar so to speak.

They/us all have different conditioning but certainly honesty will help. The key point is to remain emotionally neutral, apart from perhaps compassion, when delivering the evidence of said douchenozzlery, as ironically if you act at all vexed or scornful he/she will very likely consider you to be the douchenozzle! Lastly it is also vital to remind them to observe their own behaviour from as neutral a perspective as they can manage for the next time (and other future times) that they act the way in which you have highlighted.
                  Much love for you. http://templeofthewayoflight.org/

Comment

I agree if just one person points it out the douche will not respond and believe the other person is the douche...

Or classic douche behaviour...a whole heap of people point out their douchenozzlery and yet it's not them, it's everyone else that has it wrong...

A case of "it's not me, it's the world"...

Comment

1 yes and no, some people wake up to their douchnozzlery and make the changes in their lives and grow out of it. Sadly a few I know have not and show no signs of out growing it.

2 In one of the cases I know it is, the kid is just as bad as her mother if not worse.

3 I woud think that the only way to "teach" someone how not to be a douchnozzle would be by example. Some of the teenagers I see running about have got to have parents that are douchnozzles of epic proportions.
                      DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

Is it possible to help them figure it out?

Is it our civil duty to help them figure it out?
                        ""Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they haply trample them under their feet, and turn and rend you."
                        Matthew 7: 6"

Casting Your Pearl Before Swine

according to the churchies you can tell someone something once if you think they might understand, its up to them what they make of it. its probably not bad advice. if you tell someone something they cannot understand (apart from being a waste of breath) then they will probably hate you especially if you bang on and on on it.

ps: btw i read that quote on Dan's MC maintenance page the other day, which is the only reason i mention it. that guy is such a god botherer, good mechanic though.
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Douchenozzlery, like many other behaviours is subject to the ecosystem surrounding it. For example, end of season footy parties in Bali would probably foster a high degree of douche behaviour that is supported or indeed encouraged by the immediate environment.

I firmly believe it is to the greater good for douchenozzlery to be called out - it is then up to the individual in question as to how they respond to that. Some will take it on board, others will revolt even further, some grow out of it of their own accord - most of these responses will be affected by the immediate ecosystem as well. (This is why I refuse to let "lane-rapists" in when they storm up a closed lane to gain some car-lengths and add to congestion - and face-palm myself when others meekly let them in, thus rewarding their douchery. Or perhaps that is douchey on my part?)

Comment

If someone wants to act like a douchenozzle, it's entirely their prerogative, as it is everyone else's to treat them like a douchenozzle.

Comment

I trend to encourage and support douchnozzlery and mimic their behaviour before finally stepping it up a notch until they're horrified by my actions

If you can't be a good example then at least you can serve as horrible warning.....

I've probably got a few of my friends worried now as well you should be bwahaahaahaa

Seriously though if said douchenozzle has redeeming characteristics then encouragement of the positive can be more beneficial than highlighting the negative
                              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Working...
                              X