This is a little creepy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a little creepy

It's my birthday today (no, that's not the creepy bit), and I've just noticed that Google knows this and is giving me a special birthday search page. I can't, for the life of me, remember telling Google my birthday, so I'm left with an uneasy Big Brother feeling about it.

Cue Twilight Zone music...
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Happy birthday!
    Maybe your Facebook profile or photography forum?
    spudda : Got mine in my hot little hands today barfy. Your a gem!

Comment

Thanks.

If that's it, it's a worry that they trawl that stuff and put it all together for the sake of a personalised search page. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.
      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Birthday John, Have a great day.
        "Son, could you please remove my MAD sig?"

Sure mum, here you go....

Comment

Happy Birthday from me and the C.I.A., ASIO, Stazi etc
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

This is a new way of fishing for "Happy Birthday!" from a forum. Points for original thinking.

(oh yeah: Happy Birthday, Sventek!)
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
              Thanks.

If that's it, it's a worry that they trawl that stuff and put it all together for the sake of a personalised search page. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.
              Well Google-bots trawl everywhere picking up stuff, so if it's in a profile somewhere they'll probably get it
              I used to notice when checking on new registrations and whacking spammer registrations on OzBB that the Google-bots were there trying to get info
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                This is a new way of fishing for "Happy Birthday!" from a forum. Points for original thinking.

(oh yeah: Happy Birthday, Sventek!)
                Yeah, it took me a little while to come up with. I trialled it on an obscure Norwegian forum last year, and it worked well. So, after brainstorming it with a small group of select stakeholders I decided to give it a run on 'the Big One'!

Comment

Happy birthday.

Comment

Happy Birthday John
                    sigpic

Comment

I for one welcome our new Google overlords.

Oh yeah uh happy birthday [MENTION=7864]Sventek[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys.

Comment

happy birthday!
                          Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

Interesting, I've been playing around with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to make sure they are both getting right inside the online store I jest set up.
                            -

Comment

Happy googleday!
                              '====
                              //`
                              -Magilla
                              They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                              Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Working...
                              X