suits...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suits...

Did a search with good results from a couple of years ago and seems some of those shops have shut etc...so wondering...i'm in the market for a decent suit (gettin married in May, but also every man should have a decent suit for hatches, matches and despatches)....anyone know of a good value bespoke suitier....or a much better than average suit shop based in Perth?
    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

I bought an Armani last year from emporium Armani in the city.
    Fucking nice suit, top quality and you couldn't ask for better service.

Was about the 1600-1700 mark once I had the jacket fitted a bit better.
    for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
    for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
    for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

I'm also looking - Getting married in May as well and looking to enter the corporate world next year if all goes to plan. A suit will make a nice change from Hi-Vis all the time...

I'm currently dipping my toe in the water by having a shirt made up by Joseph Anthony Bespoke - I asked them about bespoke suits when I was in there and they seem to do some good work, though I'm far from the expert.

I'd be keen to follow this thread as well to check out anyone's recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by padfoot View Post
        I'm also looking - Getting married in May as well and looking to enter the corporate world next year if all goes to plan. A suit will make a nice change from Hi-Vis all the time...

I'm currently dipping my toe in the water by having a shirt made up by Joseph Anthony Bespoke - I asked them about bespoke suits when I was in there and they seem to do some good work, though I'm far from the expert.

I'd be keen to follow this thread as well to check out anyone's recommendations
        yup, i'm told he's one of the few that do true bespoke work in perth and has a good rep....pricey though (is what i hear).

Comment

being a slightly different shape I get all of mine made in Phuket.

$200 ish for a 2 pant suit.

even if you went for a quick 4-5 days on the cheap you could buy say 3 suits, airfares, accomodation and expenses for under 2k

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
            being a slightly different shape I get all of mine made in Phuket.

$200 ish for a 2 pant suit.

even if you went for a quick 4-5 days on the cheap you could buy say 3 suits, airfares, accomodation and expenses for under 2k

Dubs
            When i first went over there on my 'tropical holiday', it spun me out how many people were buying/selling suits!!

It was quite strange seeing a nicely made 2-piece suit sitting next to a Ed Hardy shirt and underage tranny..

Comment

Last time I went i got 2 full suits, a trench coat, 8 shirts and a few ties for 350 Australian

Comment

I can recommend Marchesi Menswear on William Street.
                The gentlemen there are proper tailors and will fit the suit perfectly to you. Measuring and altering everything to get an individual fit.
                I guess they cater for the more expensive side of things but having said that you will get what you pay for, quality.
                Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
                  yup, i'm told he's one of the few that do true bespoke work in perth and has a good rep....pricey though (is what i hear).
                  Pricey indeed.

I'd looked at going overseas for a suit - For those that have, what are you getting for your money?
                  How long are they lasting/what sort of fabrics are they using etc.
                  I've known people to get super cheap suits overseas but while they are made to fit well, they're polyester.. I'd prefer to go with pure wool.

Comment

The suit you get married in should be different from the suit you wear to work.

Style people! c'mon!!

Comment

Originally posted by padfoot View Post
                      I would strongly recommend not going here. The bloke who runs the place is a complete douche.

My experience, along with his responses, on my yelp review http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/joseph-an...poke-claremont

Parker and Co Parker & Co. Menswear Perth | Shop online for Zegna,Versace,Paul Smith,Hugo Boss,Armani,Cantarelli, Brioni,Legalwear. Alterations provided. is where its at. Amazing service, suits tailored (not bespoke) and treat their customers with respect.

Comment

Originally posted by razlee View Post
                        The suit you get married in should be different from the suit you wear to work.

Style people! c'mon!!
                        Absolutely... I'm looking for suits myself

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR6 View Post
                          My experience, along with his responses, on my yelp review http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/joseph-an...poke-claremont
                          Ah, that was you?

I've read a few polarising reviews on the store - Yours included. Which is why I thought I'd dip my toe in with a shirt or two before dropping a rather large sum on a couple of bespoke suits.
                          Completely disregarding the service/unreturned phone calls etc, I believe that the retailer was in the right regarding the refunded amount. If you pay with a voucher, and receive a refund, you get the amount that you paid returned to you... I'd not expect anything different to be honest.

I'm still in the 'waiting for it to be made' phase - I'd hope it will be ready on my next R&R. Time will tell I suppose.
                          Anyway, always good to have alternatives so thanks for the recommendation of Parker & Co.

I just realised I kinda hijacked euphoric's thread... Sorry euphoric!

Comment

all good. a range of opinion and expereince is what i was looking for. dont consider it a hijack unless you go off topic to talk about your new mintox mull leaf tattoo that means a lot to you personally. suit on friend....

Comment

Try Platinum menswear in the city on hay street mall opposite David Jones , good quality and range .

Comment

Working...
                              X