Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when you suspect a bicycle is stolen...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you suspect a bicycle is stolen...

Its not a motorbike but i guess similar steps would be applied to a bicycle, so here it is:

Today on my ride home i saw a guy with tattoos and wearing a bintang bali singlet and carrying a bicycle on his shoulder.

The bike was a MTB and had a lock on the front wheel.

Guy had no helmet with him, clearly not a cyclist.

When i stopped at the lights he walked past so i just said:
    ME: lost a key or something
    Him: yeah
    Him: i just live around the corner

Sure. Well wasnt really sure what else i can possibly do as far as the law goes.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

This happened in Perth.
    Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
    Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

neighborhood watch and it goes in their database.

ive done this before when ive seen a dude walking down the street with a computer over his shoulder. give the cops a description of the potential offender they can use. the local patrols can then look out for them and at least have a chance of picking the person up.

that kind of information probably doesnt mean much by itself, but if low end property thieves who are just looking for their next fix go and rip off a heap of places in a pattern and your description is in the right area at the right time and someone is missing a bike then the cops have something to go on.
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

take some photos of the bloke with your phone - if he chases you its definitely stolen....

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion gozer.

out_in_front - i would rather choose techniques that do not put myself at risk of being chased and probably bitten up as a result
        Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

Get your lynching rope, some pitchforks and a community of PSBers.

Then set up camp on his lawn.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Haggle on the price?

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by PolishBiker View Post
              Thanks for the suggestion gozer.

out_in_front - i would rather choose techniques that do not put myself at risk of being chased and probably bitten up as a result
              Nothing worse than getting bitten up! His mouth could be full of diseases
              Originally posted by Canada
              Even if I was interested in vagina I'd probably be looking for something a little bit stronger... I don't go for sissies

Comment

Originally posted by Rennis View Post
                Nothing worse than getting bitten up! His mouth could be full of diseases
                Or he's a zombie.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

or a werewolf
                  Originally posted by Bendito
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                    or a werewolf
                    Oh yeah, that's even worse.

The zombie couldn't ride the bike, so it's a headshot and get it back. But a werewolf? Well that's where you're gonna run into problems. You aren't catching a werewolf and if he's nicked your pushy when he's in human form, he's just gonna ride off on it.

You're pretty well fucked either way.

Comment

beaten up*

ok, this is not getting anywhere.

thanks for trying.

Comment

Sorry man, we tried.

Supernatural bike thieves are just beyond our field of expertise.

Comment

Working...
                        X