Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoMummy & USPS Extremely Slow.

Hey peeps,

Just a quick food for thought. If your in a hurry for items from motomummy and there using USPS do not stand to close to your mail box everyday. You will grow grey and old by the time you get your parts. I have used mummy before and had good results but the last 2 orders have turned me away. I ordered levers and bolts few months back that took 3 1/2 weeks to arrive to perth metro, And now i have been waiting for yoshi pipe to turn up for over a month. It shows up on usps tracking but sits idle at destinations for a longgggggg time. This is disappointing for both company's involved as they should pride there self on delivery times. Usps is not all to blame as motomummy did not ship for over a week. By all means do not take this as a dig towards motomummy i have used them many times and pricing/goods are always perfect. Unfortunately i will be trying other company's as there are just too many out there to rely on disappointing service.

This is just friendly advice and hopefully may help you decision before a purchase.
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

I think it maybe dependent on their supplier as well. Or ordered sprocket and chain combo from them on the 28th of last month and it arrived on the 6th this month. Can't complain about that!
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've put three orders through them in the last 2/3 months and all have been delivered in under two weeks.
      The recent one was my chain and sprockets. Shipped on the 29th November and received yesterday.
      Originally posted by redfern
      It growls like a horny fat chick, screams like a drunk college floozey on a slingshot at spring break, and handles like mountain goat interbred with a gecko.

Comment

Yeah as i said they have been good previously. They must just hate me !

Comment

If they're using USPS, surely its them and not Motomummy?
          No point avoiding a supplier in the US because they use their national postal carrier, you'll soon be boycotting most of them and paying extra for UPS

Comment

Your using USPS postage, which is the standard postal service, just like Australia post.
            It's cheap, but always takes a long time.
            With the amount of items being ordered overseas these days, I'd say 4-5 weeks is about normal.

If you want your gear quick then expect to pay a premium, use a courier service such as UPS, Fedex, etc.
            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

UPS=4 days
              USPS=4 weeks
              -

Comment

It certainly works in favor of buying local. Surely its not ok to take over a week to get around to posting something ?

Comment

5 days from order I received sprockets, chain, grips and a shitload of other stuff.

They've always been top shelf for me.

All postal services seem to be struggling a bit here lately.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Christmas probably is not helping the situation come to think of it. Happy to pay the extra for quicker postage next time. thanks for replies

Comment

I've recently gotten screwed by USPS from other non-bike related orders I've made. The last scans are usually at an International Sort Centre somewhere in the US, and then nothing for weeks on end until they arrive at my door (or not, in the case of AusPost contractors).

Comment

According to thinkgeek, there are delays in economy shipped (via UPS) stuff coming here, I ordered a couple of tshirts from them, usually economy shipped stuff turns up in a couple of weeks, now into the 4th week of waiting.
                        DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

I've never had anything arrive vis USPS in less than 3 weeks.

It's not Motomummy that's the problem, [MENTION=35343]GIXXEN[/MENTION]
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                            I've never had anything arrive vis USPS in less than 3 weeks.

It's not Motomummy that's the problem, [MENTION=35343]GIXXEN[/MENTION]
                            you serious ? most of my MM stuff through usps has been a week, it must be chrissy period. Just a mega bummer !

Comment

USPS have 4 or 5 levels of postage, some will take a week, others will take 4.
                              Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
                              SupermotoWA on Bookface
                              You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

Working...
                              X