Anyone into timelapse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into timelapse?

I've been playing around with my D80 and took this on Sunday 9 December.

Anyone interested in exploring this stuff with me? I reckon it'd be more fun with a small group.

Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Maybe

time lapse captured on my gopro hd hero 2, 1 picture every 5 seconds, 4.6 hours worth or 3320 separate images in total
    Master of the missed signals

Comment

Had a little play a while ago at Astrofest at Curtin Uni. Keep meaning to get out and do some more night, time lapse, just keep putting it off tho.

You can see the camera kept getting knocked by people, would set up in a less crowded place next time.

Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
      "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

I did these on the iphone.
        Pen accident - YouTube

Coke can time lapse - YouTube

Sorry bout that, come up mobile site
        Last edited by I Like ( . Y . ); 14-12-2012, 05:44 PM.
        I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Hey, we cant see the video, you need to post the link that isn't from you're login
          "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

Originally posted by NAK3D View Post
            Hey, we cant see the video, you need to post the link that isn't from you're login
            Links are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flakey View Post
              Anyone interested in exploring this stuff with me? I reckon it'd be more fun with a small group.
              What were you thinking of doing?

Might be interested.

Comment

Coolness.

A buddy and I were talking about having pretty much watched Perth Arena go up piece by piece, from his balcony. On opening night we agreed making time-lapse film of it would have been a good idea to have had two years ago.

I'd like to record a week worth of footage at work so I could then watch it all be over in 90 seconds. I'd give that movie 5 stars.
                Last edited by CitizenD; 14-12-2012, 08:47 PM.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Definitely more interesting than these.

I reckon something involving a bike or other interesting vehicle / person.

Not just awesome clouds and shadows.
                  Last edited by Flakey; 14-12-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Next year's MAD bike? Seeing a time-lapse of the foreshore during Australia Day (including the devastation left behind after) would be cool.

I love the idea of time-lapse, but I don't have the patience to learn.
                    Originally posted by vk6hgr
                    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Daise timelapse apps make it easy, just dont move the camera and then do what you want.

Another one for my drive home from work
                      Timelapse driving - YouTube
                      Last edited by I Like ( . Y . ); 15-12-2012, 07:44 AM.
                      I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Yep, the hardest part is finding an interesting object and a great location.

Then you setup the camera and sit back and stop people wandering in front...

Comment

Paging anyone in an office overlooking the Elizabeth quay site?

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                            Paging anyone in an office overlooking the Elizabeth quay site?
                            Would look good if it took a frame every time a dollar was spent, although might be a bit long for most people.

Edit: just did the maths, at 25fps, would be a 4,888 hour long movie.

Comment

Not finished, but also did this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X