Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road side random shit and acts of kindness

Years ago driving up from Busselton going past Bunbery
    Its just getting dark, light drizzel , whilst driving mu ute just north of Bunbery I noticed a dude walking along the Highway verge.
    Not hich hiking , no broken down bikes or cars to be seen.
    Its getting dark , starting to rain and there is sweet fuck all on the road ahead for many Ks.

I stopped to see if the dude needed help. He was suprised i stopped as he was not hitching a lift.
    He was heading home , for the first time in 6 months.
    He just got out of jail, no worries mate, get in.

About 20 ks up there was a track off to the right, I was asked to drop him of at the turn off, its now quite dark and raining.
    I offerd him a lift all the way to his door, about 5 ks down the dirt road, another k or 2 down anouther track.

Turns out the dude was locked up for horticulture.
    I droped him at his door and wished him luck.

He offerd me a cone, sure i said ( i used to smoke occasionlay )
    the stranger then produced a rather decent dried plant , a fantastic example of his freinds ability to keep the money ticking over whilst he was away, about a pound dry.
    He gave me the whole plant.

I left, stopped about half way to Mandura to try a cone of this unexpected gift.
    Fuck it worked
    I wasent right to drive so I just chilled out a a rest stop and looked at stars for a while.
    The police rocked up and asked if I was OK.
    I said I was just having a rest as I had been driving a while and being a little tired would rather play it safe.
    The cop was leaning on the ute try whilst talking to me.
    The smell was drifting past the tray cover and the was about as paranoid as I have ever been

The cop left, so did I

Good carma that day
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Threw a chain on a Saturday about lunch time between Dongara and Gero on my way to meet up with my now wife in Karratha on Sunday arvo.

Hid the bike in the scrub, grabbed the chain and started hitching. A ute pulled up and asked WTF. I told them and they pushed the bags of crays out of the way, loaded the bike and dashed for the bike shops, all closed. Brainwave led us to the old, now gone, bike museum heading north from Gero and the old bloke supplied and fitted a chain. Couldnt believe my luck. Hit a sheep later that evening, which still didnt stop my progress. Rode very fast the next morning and made Karratha not long before my girl.

Coming back from a sw surfing trip we picked up a backpacker near busso. After sussing us out he told us how he found $250 (a small fortune in the early eighties) scattered along the road just before we arrived. He explained Karma and supplied beers all the way home and a carton around the corner from where we dropped him. With my drunken mate behind the wheel it is one of those, how the fuck did we make it trips.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

The first time I met [MENTION=8808]Zanza[/MENTION] was on a group ride on a Monday night. She had pulled over with a piece of steel embedded in her rear tyre.

We couldn't do much for her on the spot but we managed to get her and the bike home with a guard of honour.
      Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
        . Brainwave led us to the old, now gone, bike museum heading north from Gero and the old bloke supplied and fitted a chain. Couldnt believe my luck.
        Was that old Ben? I spent lots of time out there in the late 70's. He sure knew his bike stuff and did plenty of work for us at a good price.

Comment

^^No doubt. He fitted supplied and fitted the chain for $90.00, which was the price of the chain.

Legend.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
            The first time I met Zanza was on a group ride on a Monday night. She had pulled over with a piece of steel embedded in her rear tyre.

We couldn't do much for her on the spot but we managed to get her and the bike home with a guard of honour.
            So thankful for the bike world's sense of community! Ironically I'd only just gotten a new rear tyre cos of a screw, that bitch loves to pick up randoms

Sonik was kind enough to respond to my request for help on here (even tho he'd never met me before either) came out the next day with a compressor and followed me in his ute with the flashing yellow lite at the ready to where I needed to get it replaced (again lol) Even took me to work afterwards, such kindness!
            Originally posted by Elise
            I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

Comment

yep my boarder and Sharky to the rescue for me yesterday when i broke my gear selector linkage, thanx guys

Comment

Helped a Harley rider just today on Del Park Road.
                Heading out in the work ute, and passed a group of 7 bikes heading up the hill then came across this particular gent standing next to his Harley that was on its side and leaking oil everywhere.
                He'd pulled over to the side of the road and lost the front end in the gravel and over it went. No injuries, but the bike was too heavy for him to lift on his own.
                We lifted it up, checked it over and then I followed him slowly down to BP (used to be Floopers).

He said he'd been passed by several cars and a few bikes too, and no one had stopped to help. Can't understand that at all.

Comment

Working...
                X